This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Photo courtesy of The Daily Gamecock.

This past Wednesday, Icona Pop kicked off the 14th annual “Campus Consciousness Tour” staged at the Colonial Life Arena.

The tour is put on by Carolina Productions and Reverb, which a non-profit organization that promotes student consciousness of global issues. In the past, the tour has raised awareness for environmental problems; but this year, they decided to pick a different issue. Reverb decided to promote female empowerment by having the Swedish duo headline the tour.

There was plenty for students to do while waiting for Icona Pop to take the stage. There were two opening acts; Lowell, a singer from Canada, went on first and stunned the audience with her alternative vocals. After that was Five Knives, a band who really got the students ready to rock! Reverb also staged a “Trashion Show” photo booth, games and prizes, as well as a booth where students could register to vote and get more information on the tour’s core purpose.

Once the opening acts were through, the girls were ready to show their stuff.  They really brought the house down with their popular songs “All Night”, “Girlfriend”, and (of course) “I Love It”. The concert was a great way for students to have fun and get homecoming points as well. Icona Pop put on a great show; with a high-energy performance that made everyone there say “We love it!”  

I'm energetic, outgoing and loud full time student at USC with a keen interest in Broadcast Journalism and all things NBA