How to Survive Your First St. Pat’s in Columbia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

With only a week before St. Patrick’s Day, we can already feel the excitement in the air. St. Pat’s in Five Points is one of the biggest events thrown in Columbia, and the countdown is well underway. But if you want to make the best of this crazy day, then preparation is key. So make sure you are relying on more than the luck of the Irish to have a good time, and follow these tips:

1. Eat a balanced breakfast

Eat a bowl of lucky charms to start off your day off right. Helpful hint: replace the milk with beer.

2. Look festive

When you’re putting on your outfit, make sure to utilize every last green beaded necklace you bought at party city. Even if it’s a pack of 24… get ‘em all on there because less is not more on St. Patrick’s Day.

3. Snapchat everything

Make sure you story yourself drinking at the crack of dawn like the true Irish gal you are. Everyone needs to know. (Just don’t post too many because if you suddenly stop at noon everyone’s gonna know you’re most likely fast asleep back home).

4. Shots… shots… shots

Only take the green jell-o shots. If you take any other color you’re obviously not festive enough.

5. Pinch, pinch!

Find cute boys who aren’t wearing green and pinch them. And then run away. Or don’t, since you’re self confidence is through the roof after that last jell-o shot you took down.

Claire Westbrook

South Carolina

I am a freshman at the University of South Carolina. I enjoy writing. I also have a passion for makeup.
Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.