How to Rock Over-the-Knee Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

We’re beginning to prepare ourselves for fall, and so are our favorite designers. This week, HerCampusSC has our eye on over-the-knee boots. These boots are very popular right now, appearing in pre-fall collections of many top designers, from Louis Vuitton to Chloe. We’ve all seen Blake Lively rock her boots on Gossip Girl, but most of us are a little intimidated to try it ourselves. Here are some ideas on how to pull off the perfect pair of over-the-knee boots:

• Try pairing it with a knee length skirt. A more conservative skirt paired with the high boots creates the perfect chic style.
  • A sweater dress – with or without tights – looks great with over the knee boots!
  • Throw them on top of your favorite pair of skinny jeans. Match it with an edgy blazer and you’ll look like a million bucks.
  • As college girls, we pretty much take advantage of any opportunity to wear over-sized anything. If you’re feeling a little lazy but don’t want to look like you rolled out of bed, this is your chance. Over-sized cardigan, leggings, and brown over the knee boots.
  • For a night out, we recommend a high-waisted skirt, blouse, and a blazer. Simply stunning. 

USC '17 Broadcast Journalism and Business Administration