Holy Grail of Theatres Coming to Columbia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Source

This summer, I went to a movie theatre that had reclining chairs, and I can never, ever go back to regular seating now. Dramatic? Yes! But, don’t knock it until you try it. Lucky for you, that might be easier than you think. News has been released that a luxury movie theatre will be coming to Columbia, South Carolina. However, there is good news and bad news.

The Good News: This week Cobb Theatres announced they will be building a luxury movie theatre right here in Columbia located on Bull Street. It will be equipped with a restaurant and bar, which means movie-goers will be able to enjoy a good pizza and some wine at the movies. Can I get a hell yeah?

The Bad News: We have to wait until Summer 2018 to step into what the Chief Operations Officer at Cobb Theatres calls, “the finest movie-going experience.” But seriously, this will be well worth the wait. It will be the go-to cute date night or girls hangout hotspot. I for one can not wait!

In the meantime, the best movie theatre around is Regal Columbiana Grande over by the Columbiana Mall. It’s situated among the best of Columbia’s shopping and dining (Copper River Grill right next door is delish). And if you do want a movie experience that is above the norm, little do most Columbia locals know that there’s an IMAX theatre at the Village at Sandhill.

Katie Kinslow

South Carolina

Communicator, award-winning time waster, avid Cheez-it eater, Pinterest zombie, Halloween enthusiast, passionate writer, and shopoholic who probably needs professional help. 
SC Contributor

South Carolina