The Her Campus Pre-Collegiette Guide: University of South Carolina

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

School: South Carolina

Location: Columbia, SC

Funding: Public

Size: 17,000

Tuition:
In-State: $7,000
Out-of-State: $14,000

Both merit and need-based scholarships and many merit based scholarships offer in-state tuition. “

Majors: 50

Schools: College of Arts and Sciences, Moore School of Business, College of Hospitality, Retail, and Sports Management, College of Engineering and Computing, College of Mass Communications and Information Studies, College of Education, College of Nursing, Arnold School of Public Health, College of Pharmacy, School of Music, College of Social Work, School of Law, School of Medicine, The Graduate School.

Choice: “I chose South Carolina for its great weather, its excellent football team, the state politics, available scholarships, and my major’s program.”

Repeat?: “Yes. For the most part, you can definitely be the big fish at this school if you hit the ground running early.”

Best: “I love the Southern hospitality and our location in a fun college town.”

Worst: The administration. So much money is pumped into positions where people don’t help you.

Academics: “Could be more challenging.”

Activities: “You choose to become involved.  It is easy to find organizations but you must make the effort to attend and become involved.”

Dining: “For the most part, watch out for the Freshman 15!  Colloquium and Einsteins are delicious though!”

Fun: “Five POINTS! Need we say more, we have one of the most affordable, vibrant bar scenes in the South.”

Housing: “Our dorms are top-notch, new, and very green.”