Gigi Hadid Lands Her First American Vogue Cover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As if Gigi Hadid couldn’t be any more perfect, she can now add being on the cover of American Vogue to her resume. She is featured on the August 2016 cover with decathlete Ashton Eaton for the magazine’s Summer Olympics issue. Hadid took to Instagram to share her joy about being on the cover. She began by calling it “an ultimate dream come true,” saying she is “beyond humbled.” Along with being a supermodel, Gigi considers herself an athlete, making her being on the cover of the Olympic issue incredibly fitting.

To be only 21 years old, Gigi has accomplished a lot. She first began modeling at only 2 years old with Guess Kids. After graduating high school in 2013, she went to NYC to pursue a full time career in modeling with IMG Models. She has since become one of the faces of several brands including Maybelline along with being a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. She has also walked countless runways including being an angel for a day at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in December 2015.

It has helped to have famous friends like Kendell Jenner, Taylor Swift, and a former Dutch model and Real Housewives of Beverley Hills star for a mom. However, she really owes her success to her social media fans that have helped skyrocket her career. She has over 2.5 million followers on Twitter and over 20.3 million followers on Instagram. This is only the beginning for Gigi, and we can’t wait to see where else her career takes her.

Hayley Schmitt

South Carolina

Just a University of South Carolina sophomore Public Relations major with an unhealthy obsession for Gossip Girl and mac & cheese.
SC Contributor

South Carolina