Get Your Best Skin Ever With Mary Kay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Her Campus South Carolina got to learn some major beauty tips at our team bonding event with Mary Kay representative, Valerie Goldston.

We loved every second of the event, from spraying each other in the faces to prep for a mini skincare pampering session to winning prizes and giveaways. By the end of our beauty 101 tutorial, Goldston had us all re-thinking our current beauty routines.

Lucky for you, we’re givers not hoarders, so here are all of the amazing, and truly enlightening tips and tricks we learned!

When it comes to washing your face…

Definitely wash it. Seriously, skipping just one night of your skincare routine can age you up to seven days! Seriously, that adds up. One weekend of missed face washes could age you up to 28 days; that’s basically a month! The next piece of advice we learned was to lightly rub cleaners into your skin upwards and outwards, which helps to reduce wrinkles and the size of pores.

When it comes to moisturizing…

Don’t forget about your neck and chest! “Forgetting to moisturize your neck and chest is a big mistake! You don’t want your face to look 25 while your neck and chest look 10 years older,” said Goldston. But, your neck and chest shouldn’t be your only concerns. It’s recommended that women start to use anti-aging creams at 18-years-old. “If you are just starting out, try eye cream! The skin around your eyes is like tissue paper- it will show wrinkles very easily,” Goldston told us.

When it comes to exfoliating…

Don’t overdo it. Over-exfoliating can make skin look duller and dehydrated. Goldston suggests using a mild exfoliant like Mary Kay’s Microdermabrasion face wash. This exfoliant isn’t too harsh on the skin and won’t cause micro tears.

When it comes to foundation…

Don’t apply too much, but don’t feel like you have to skip it. Have you ever felt like wearing makeup just clogs your pores? Seriously, sometimes it seems smarter to avoid wearing makeup all together. But, Goldston shared with us a quote from her friend, “If you’re not wearing foundation, you’re wearing the pollutants and debris from the air around you.” If you’re looking to try a new CC Cream, a lighter alternative to a fuller-coverage look, try Mary Kay’s CC Cream Sunscreen. This product not only hydrates your skin, but it’s made with minerals that actually mix to your skin-tone, creating a natural, dewy look. Junior Reilly Tuccinard loved the CC cream, “At first I wasn’t sure I’d like it to be honest. But, it looks really great and has good coverage!”

If you’d like to plan a beauty event with Mary Kay, send Valerie an email, valeriegoldston@gmail.com, or checkout their site for products!   

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.