This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The student section was in rare form this past Saturday at our very own Williams-Brice stadium. After a rocky start to the Gamecock’s season, it was expected that the Georgia Bulldogs were going to destroy the Gamecocks, just as they had Clemson.  To everyone’s delight, no lightening or rain delay could stand in the way of a Gamecock victory. 

The team was on fire. From boasting 271 passing yards versus Georgia’s mere 191, to Skai Jackson’s career high 10 tackles, to quite possibly experiencing a divine intervention when the Bulldogs’ kicker missed the field goal, the Gamecocks blazed ahead to take home an incredible SEC win. After the victory, team rankings jumped 10 spots, putting our team now at #14 (much better than the dismal #24 we moved to after TAMU.) 

Georgia fans were left devastated. Rightfully so, after foolishly losing by only three points. As for us Gamecock fans, the hours of cheering and screaming in the rain definitely paid off. Tears of joy flooded (pun intended) the stadium and tailgates as that clock ticked down to 0:00. With hundreds of Georgia fans visiting, it is safe to say that things didn’t go as they had planned, but for those hosting them, it went better!

Not only were fans able to celebrate the night with an astounding victory, to top it off the event was finished with a raging performance by Waka Flocka Flame at the fraternity tailgates. This years USC-UGA showdown was certainly a game that will go down in history. As for what’s in store for the Gamecocks in the future, I say, “bring it on Clemson.”