This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

TGIF… thank goodness it’s fall! How can you not love the colors of the leaves, the dropping temperature (we seriously need a break from famously hot Columbia), and just the overall warmth and coziness?! But with all of these changes, it also means it’s time to amp up your makeup to match the season. So trade in the glowy, bronzed hot weather look for the warm, deep, and grungy colors of cooler weather! Check out these few steps in order to make your makeup transition happen!

1. Trade in your shimmery eyeshadows for neutrals.

Replace the glowing eyeshadows with a deep tone eyeshadow pallet. This will draw attention to your eyes and make your eye color pop!

2. Instead of black eyeliner, try deep plum or brown.

Trading in the basic black liner for a fun and subtle pop of color will take your eye look to a whole other level. Your eyes will thank you for this switch up!

3. Swap out the bright pink blush for a rose color.

Changing out the poppy pink blush with a darker hue will pull your whole look together.

4. Ditch the nude lip gloss for a burgundy, wine, or plum lipstick (preferably matte).

Transitioning from the nude lip to a deeper color will add warmth to your look, completing your fall makeup look. It’s the perfect finishing touch!