Emily Sapier: A Star in the Making

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is truly a star in the making — Emily Sapier, a senior from Spartanburg, SC, is a rising model and a past contestant for Miss South Carolina! Emily started modeling in high school after she decided to take advantage of her tall stature, and hasn’t stopped since. To start out, she worked with local photographers, submitted applications to modeling agencies throughout the southeast, and entered her first competition; the Miss Freshman pageant. Since that high school debut, Emily has competed for the Miss South Carolina title, as well as Miss Five Points, and has appeared in several fashion shows and advertisements, including the covers of Greenville Talks magazine and Charlotte Weddings. Most recently, Emily walked in shows for Charleston Fashion Week and is currently featured in a campaign for the store Lulakate.

Amongst all this craziness, Emily continues to actively pursue her major in Tourism, with specialization in Club Management. She spends her free time performing duties as Social Coordinator for her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is a member of the Association for Future Wedding Planning Professionals, International.

Looking forward, Emily’s goal is to work in management for a private club or event planning organization. While she does not plan to compete again in the Miss South Carolina competition, she is considering modeling abroad for a few months post-graduation. When asked what advice she would give to girls interested in modeling or pageants, Emily firmly attested that attitude and dedication are the key components to success. She went on to say “For modeling, you’ll be told ‘no’ several times by agencies, clients, etc. Keep trying, keep working, and eventually, if it’s meant to be it will all work out.”  With her great attitude and determination, it seems certain that we will be seeing more of Emily’s work and success in the future.

Sophomore international business and marketing major at the University of South Carolina. Originally from New Jersey