nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Products for Your Skin Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

You’re either too oily or too dry, and when you try to fix it, things only get worse with breakouts. Doesn’t it suck having to constantly dab your face to avoid glowing like a Christmas tree or moisturize so you don’t look like a snake shedding its skin? We feel you, and we have your back. Check out these holy grail products for your skin type and say goodbye to skin stressin’.

Oily Skin

1.

Urban Decay “De-Slick” setting spray is perfect for the final step in your routine. With a few spritzes, your makeup will stay on all day, leaving your skin looking matte. 

2.

The Neutrogena “Shine Control” primer is not only affordable, but it also ensures a matte finish to your face. The formula of this primer soaks up any excess oil and creates a smooth surface for makeup application. 

3.

This foundation has a powdery finish, avoiding the “dewy look”, which is great for oily skin. It evens out your skin tone, covers imperfections, and controls oil buildup.

Dry Skin

1.

The “Mineral Veil” primer from Hourglass works great for all skin types, but especially dry skin. The product catches on to dry, flakey patches of skin on your face, creating a smooth surface for your foundation and other products to be applied. 

2. 

The NARS “Sheer Glow” foundation has a dewy, creamy consistency. The product lasts all day and leaves dry, dull skin looking healthy and luminous. 

3. 

This product is a primer, also commonly used as a liquid highlighter. It creates the most natural, radiant look to your skin and provides moisture.

Acne Prone Skin

1.

With blemished skin comes sensitivity. Any CC cream, BB cream or tinted moisturizer that is lighter than foundation and less harsh on the skin will work for you. This Erborian CC Cream has all natural ingredients which can prevent irritation and breakouts. 

2. 

The Cover FX “Blemish Treatment Primer” is amazing for acne prone skin. It conceals blemishes and evens out imperfections. It also contains salicylic acid, an ingredient commonly used to treat acne. 

3. 

Urban Decay’s “Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid” is awesome for concealing acne. There are multiple colors to choose from, but for a red blemish, green is your best friend. Green counteracts red, so this concealer will give spots extra coverage to make it look like it was never there in the first place! 

Always remember to go the extra mile to take care of your skin… it’ll be worth it in the long run.

Claire Westbrook

South Carolina

I am a freshman at the University of South Carolina. I enjoy writing. I also have a passion for makeup.
SC Contributor

South Carolina