Austin Riedel ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Name: Austin Riedel

Hometown: Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

Year: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Finance and Management

Her Campus South Carolina is pleased to introduce Austin Riedel. From bouncing at a local bar to balancing a full senior course load, this cutie proves that he can do it all. He’s got a huge heart, as well as a sense of humor and good looks. What else does a girl need?

What are your interests?

“I like to play sports, drink coffee and go out with friends. When I’m bored I like to read or sketch.”

What’s an interesting fact about you?

“I’m an N64 junkie. I’m unbeatable in Mario Kart.”

And what’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?

“Not many people know that I can draw. It’s something I don’t do too often but I like to think I’m pretty good at it. I love to doodle in class if the teacher loses my attention.”

Favorite music genre?

“I’ll listen to anything. Recently I’ve been listening to a lot of EDM and house music. But I’m also a big fan of OAR, Eminem and Dave Matthews Band.”

Describe your ideal girl, and perfect date.

“My ideal girl is funny, smart and adventurous. A girl that can tell, and take, a joke is a keeper. My idea of a perfect date is to try something my date and I have never done before. I recently saw an ad for white-water-rafting and thought that would make a great date. Something different like that take can take us out of our comfort zone and be really fun.”

Who’s your celebrity crush?

“Katy Perry. I would have killed to be a super bowl halftime shark.”

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

“In ten years I would like to be doing banking or wealth management work in New York City. I interned over the summer doing that and it was a blast.”

If people gave you a superlative, what would it be?

“Most likely to like your dog more than they like you”

What is your guilty pleasure?

“Double Breakfast. Double breakfast is getting a second breakfast right after eating a first. It’s the most important meal of the day, so why not eat it twice?”

If you could give advice to freshman you, what would it be?

“I took everything so seriously freshman year. I would have told Freshman Me to just be yourself and enjoy the ride. I didn’t realize how small my problems were back then. Everything works its way out in the end if you just give it some time and effort.”

Arianna Miskin

South Carolina

New Yorker lost in the Midlands of South Carolina, future doctor, current sorority girl. Here to save the world someday but I guess I should probably survive sophomore year first.