6 Reasons to Join Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

There are tons of clubs and organizations on college campuses trying to get you to join or sign up with them. The task you face as a student is to decide which is the best fit for you. I’m here to tell you that Her Campus is for you, and here’s why:

1. You are free to express yourself.

Here at Her Campus SC, we welcome everyone to pitch ideas and we always try to make our members feel comfortable enough to do so. It doesn’t matter if you’re a writer, editor, PR member, or even the president. If you have a cool idea and want to write an article, you have the support and encouragement to do so.

2. There’s a place for everyone on our team.

There are many positions that contribute to our organization and no position is out of reach, regardless of your background or major. The key to success is having a drive and a good work ethic. If you’re a chemistry major you might write a blog like “12 Things Only Chem Majors Understand.” If you’re pre-med maybe you want to write about people constantly asking you what’s wrong with them as if you’re a certified doctor. You may even just take photographs for our page! It doesn’t matter who you are, if you have drive and passion, you can find a home in Her Campus.

3. It’s a great networking tool.

You meet tons of people in Her Campus. Between the member meetings, tabling events, and conferences, there are lots of opportunities to meet people and acquire some useful connections. Maybe you’ll even meet Karlie Kloss like one of our lucky members did!

4. New friends

Who wouldn’t want to make new friends?! You automatically receive a new family when you join Her Campus. That’s an additional 20+ people there to support you, listen, offer help, and bounce your creative ideas off of. Who knows, you could meet a life-long best friend!

5. It’s a great resume booster

Working for the #1 online women’s magazine alone is a great thing to put on your resume.  But when your future employers think about how you did all of that while balancing other organizations and various classes at the same time, they will think, “wow this girl really knows how to manage her time and prioritize.” Being on the executive board is an even bigger accomplishment to put on your resume, and we have plenty of positions for you to move on up into.

6. Inspiring speakers

Being a Her Campus member has given me so many unique opportunities, especially when it comes to hearing from inspiring speakers. From the events we host to the events that we attend and write about, there are lots of opportunities to hear from some amazing people. Our most recent example, we hosted an In Her Shoes event and had 3 “lady bosses” come and tell us how they got to where they are. One of those speakers said something so inspiring, I will carry it with me forever. [If you want to know what she said, you’ll have to join first ;-) ]

If you or someone you know is interested in joining the Her Campus South Carolina, read our article on how to apply! 

SC Contributor

South Carolina

Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!