bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Winter Workouts to Try This Season! (Without Leaving Your Room)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As the weather gets colder we have less desire to leave the house to go to the gym. Instead of taking some days off, here are a few ways to stay in shape without ever leaving your room.

Squats

Squats are simple to do—all you need is a clear area! You can squat with just body weight, or hold a few textbooks while you squat for an extra challenge.

Lunges

Lunges are a great workout and they’re super easy to do! You don’t need any extra equipment, but you’ll still feel it in the morning.

Chair Dips

For this exercise, find a sturdy chair, ledge, or any raised flat surface that will hold your body weight. Stand in front of it, place your palms on the surface and keep your feet flat on the ground as you dip your body down with your arms.

Push-ups

This classic workout is possibly one of the most hated, yet most effective. Try to build up stamina each day by increasing the amount you can do.            

6-minute abs

This ab workout is a consecutive combination of different exercises that will leave you sore fore sure! Just pick out 5 of your favorite ab workouts and do each one for one minute without stopping, then end with a one-minute plank.

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.