5 Valentine’s Gifts When You’ve Just Started Dating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Do you have a valentine this year? Did you just start dating said valentine and are now freaking out about what to get them for Valentine’s Day? Don’t worry, every recently coupled college girl is facing the same dilemma. Here’s a list of super cool (and cheap) things to give your valentine this year.

1. Dollar Store Finds

If you’ve never received a gift from the dollar store, you’re missing out. Dollar stores carry all kinds of random knick-knacks and fun variety items that are perfect for any new relationship. Grab some fake flowers, balloons, junk food, and a pack of bubbles for the new dude in your life.

2. Movies & Books

Or even a movie or book that you love, but they’ve never seen that you want to show them. It also makes for the perfect little stay-in movie date!

3. Lottery Tickets

It’s super cheap, super exciting, and who knows, maybe you’ll even win! 

4. Baked Goods

Make cookies, brownies, or some other baked good you know they enjoy. This is always a good idea because who doesn’t love some homemade cookies fresh out of the oven? And if you bake them together, this counts as your present and your date!

5. No Present At All

Instead of buying presents, maybe just tell your S.O. that you want to go out for a casual dinner date or even stay in for a Netflix-and-chill session instead of buying impractical gifts. You save money this way, so it’s really a win-win!

Sarah Justus

South Carolina

I like mac and cheese, coffee, and cats
SC Contributor

South Carolina