10 Types of Girls You See at Football Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Going to a Carolina football game is so much more than simply watching the action on the field. With thousands of fans at each game, it’s easy to witness (and sometimes even be a part of) some tailgating aftermath. Sometimes funny, sometimes annoying, it never fails to be entertaining! So have you ever been the one…

…crying about everything?

Maybe she had a little too much fun at the tailgate, saw an ex-boyfriend or just thought of that scene from The Notebook at the wrong time. Mix in the atmosphere of a football game and let the waterworks begin! 

…who has no idea what’s going on?

Let’s admit that some of us attend football games for the social aspect, and we actually have no idea what’s happening on the field. But hey, at least we get a cute insta pic out of it!  

…who went hard at the tailgate?

She’s the last one into the stadium, but the first to leave. She can easily be found in many locations ranging from the bathroom to the nearest trashcan.

…who leaves before halftime?

We’ve all been there, admit it. Sometimes it’s just too hot or we got bored. What else is there to do at that point? At least we walked out still with our dignity intact…unless #3 was involved in the early exit.

…who brought their dad? 

While there are many who don’t want to even associate gameday with their parents, there are a select few who have theirs tag along. Way to do it for the fam!

…who cares a little too much?

There’s always a girl who pays too much attention to the game for her own good. She’s the girl that’s found crying after a loss or screamin’ yo’ mama’s least favorite word at the referee all the way from the upper deck. It’s okay, though, because she’s passionate!

…who documents everything?

We all know this girl. Maybe some a little more than others but deep down aren’t we all this girl? #gameday #gamecocknation #spursup #snapchat

…who lost an article of clothing and didn’t notice? 

Yep, we’ve all been a witness. ~lol~

…who sits next to the newborn baby?

Then there’s the girl who ends up sitting inches away from a newborn baby who immediately says, “Awww” but then quickly asks herself, “Why in the he** did they bring a baby to a dirty football stadium?!”

…whose boyfriend just wants to fight people?

We’ve all witnessed the intoxicated frat boy who wants to fight everyone at the game, but have we ever considered how the girl who came with him feels?

There’s nothing like gameday in Carolina! With any luck, you’ll get to be all of these by the end of the season. Go Cocks!