Wellness

10 Affordable Skincare Products Your Face Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

You have a big presentation in class tomorrow, and you notice a huge pimple right in the middle of your forehead. Don’t panic. Acne is something that we all struggle with. No matter how old or young you are, getting a pimple seems like a big deal. It is also something that makes us feel self-conscious even though in reality, no one is really paying any attention to your pimple anyway. Don’t stress though we have you covered. These 10 affordable products will not only help your pimple go down, but also prevent other ones from coming up later.

1. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17) 

This is magic in a bottle! Just apply this to your pimple at night and the next day it will be dried up. Easy and simple way to get rid of a pimple overnight so you can be flawless the next day. It will also last for a long time.

2. Cetaphil Daily Cleanser ($6.39)

This is soap free cleanser, which means that it will not dry out your face which is great for people with oily and dry skin. It is also great for sensitive skin as well.

3. Belif: The True Cream Aqua Bomb ($22)

No matter if you have oily or dry skin, you must stay moisturized. It is SUPER important that you keep your skin hydrated. Products that are catered to acne skin usually are very drying and harsh on your skin. The Aqua Bomb is a perfect combination of moisture without being too oily.

4. Neutrogena Cleansing Pads ($3.99)

These are quick and easy to use pads that contain salicylic acid, which helps clear pores and treat pimples. Just simply wipe these all over your face for a quick and simple clean.

5. Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Facial Charcoal Cleaner ($8.99)

This cleanser gently exfoliates your skin, which helps clean and remove dead skin. Say no to flaky skin. The charcoal also helps draw out impurities which leads to clear skin.

6. Biore Pore Strips ($5.99)

One of the most satisfying and gross things is to remove a pore strip. Seeing all of your blackheads pulled away from your nose is amazing. Quick and easy way to get rid of congested pores.

7. The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% ($9.80)

Retinol is great for your skin. It helps improve skin texture and skin tone. It also helps with fine lines (it is never too soon to think about wrinkles).

8. Burt Bees Facial Cleansing Oil ($15.99)

Oil based cleansers keep your skin hydrated unlike most oil free cleansers. It uses “good” oil to remove dirt and other impurities. This means your skin stays balanced and soft.

9. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Moisturizer SPF 30 ($14.39)

A moisturizer again is great to make sure that your skin stays hydrated, supple, and smooth. It is also important that you are wearing sunscreen as well. So this is a 2-in-1 combination. Sunscreen, of course, keeps our skin safe from harmful rays but it also helps keep hyper-pigmentation down which is sometimes a side effect from acne. Acne scars usually last way longer than the actual pimple.

10. Simple Micellar Wipes ($5.59)

Lastly makeup wipes, the lazy girl’s best friend. No matter what your skincare routine looks like, you should at least wipe your face off at the end of the day. The air has so many pollutants and they are on your face at the end of the day. Not to mention if you wear makeup, the worse thing you can do is to go to sleep with your makeup on especially if you suffer from acne.

These products will not only help treat your pimples, but will also keep your skin clear. The best thing is that they are affordable! Try incorporating a couple of items at a time to find out your “holy grail” skincare routine. Just remember that no matter how bad your skin is breaking out, you are still beautiful!

Roni Maybin

South Carolina

Current student at the University of South Carolina studying Retail Managment/Marketing. During my rare free time, you can catch me reading a new book or trying to travel to a new city. Hoping to live out my best life with as many dogs as my heart desires.
Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.