Valentine’s Day is Coming!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

For ladies in a relationship, Valentine’s Day can be a big, suspenseful event. For the single ladies, not so much. But whether you are in a relationship or not, there is something for you to do on Valentine’s Day regardless of your relationship status. Don’t get down in the dumps. Instead, use this day to treat yourself and others!

For the Love Birds

Take a romantic hike or watch the waves roll in at the beach. End the night with a spectacular home cooked meal or go out somewhere special. Play with fuzzy handcuffs, whip cream, whips, and other props. Channel your inner 50 Shades of Grey! This is a surprise he’ll never forget.

For the Cynics

V-day might just be another day for you with the addition of annoying pink and red hearts, red roses, and little heart shaped chocolates everywhere. Whatever you might hate about this dreaded day. Make this day about you and your self love! Get your nails done, get a massage, do some yoga, or just spend the day with yourself in nature. The beach is a great way to treat yourself and enjoy the beauties of life. And who doesn’t love a good bowl of clam chowder at the beach?!

For the Single Ladies

Don’t forget Galentines Day, ladies! Celebrate the lady loves in your life on February 13. Yes, that’s right. Galentine’s Day is officially the day before Valentine’s Day. Get together with your favorite gals and spend the night drinking wine, playing games, and watching old black and white movies. Nothing could be more cozy and lovely.

For the ones “only hooking up”

Continue your mind-blowing sexcapade while trying out a different type of intimacy. Maybe come out from under the sheets and eat meal together. Or don’t and say you did. But everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries… can you say aphrodisiac!! And what pairs better with champagne. Get fun with it, and don’t be too serious.

Hi I'm Ari. I love all things nature.There is beauty all around us, we just have to look to really see it. I love anything yoga, cheese, crystals, hula hooping, eating and traveling.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma