absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Try Some of These Ying and Yang Combinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Opposites attract. You may not think that these flavors or food items go together, you might even wrinkle your nose in disgust at them, but don’t knock it ‘til you try it! You’ll be surprised by how well these combinations go together, and you’ll be pleased. Here are some amazing new food combinations you can try that will elevate and bring pizzazz to your next meal or snack and spice up your boring food life.

Peanut-butter and Cheeseburger

The sweetness and nuttiness of the peanut butter is amazing and mind-meltingly amazing with the salty, savory taste of the beef in a cheeseburger. In addition, the cool, gooey consistency of peanut butter is a perfect complement to the patty, almost like an additional layer of cheese. 10/10 would recommend.

Dark Chocolate and Cheese

NOTE: The chocolate MUST be dark in order for this to work! We’re talking at least 60% cocoa guys. The reason why is because the bitterness and strong intense taste of the dark chocolate is a perfect foil to the salty flavor of the cheese. For optimal deliciousness, use lighter and less intense cheeses such as parmesan with stronger, bitter chocolate.

Watermelon and Pepper

Mmm ,the perfect snack for summer. Shake some pepper next time on your slice of watermelon for the perfect kick and pairing of sweet, savory, smoky, and fruity.

Jalapeno and Strawberries

By now it should be obvious that the working concept that never fails to deliver is the combination of fruit with something spicy. The sweet, fruity and hot, savory dynamic is one that is timeless and perfect in its conception. Cutting up tiny pieces of jalapeno and mixing it with a bunch of strawberries is a guaranteed orgasm for your taste-buds, as the sour yet salty kick of the jalapeno pairs off nicely with the deep fruity flavor of the strawberries.

Oliver Oil and Ice Cream

Personally I have no tried this yet, but everyone swears by it and tells me a tiny drizzle of olive oil on some vanilla ice cream is the most mind-blowing experience. The olive oil adds a rich layer to the ice cream that makes it heaven in one’s mouth and gives a very subtle, hard to notice savory contrast to the vanilla ice cream.

Coffee and Pork

Just trust me on this. The deep, rich flavor of the coffee permeates the pork and allows it to acquire a robust flavor profile. Simply delish.