Sonoma State Campus Cutie: Taylor Bianco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

This week Her Campus Sonoma State was lucky enough to interview senior Taylor Bianco for Campus Cutie.  This Sonoma State Athlete comes from more than 3,000 miles away from home, born in Hollywood Florida, “where the real stars are born” according to Bianco.

Bianco, who is known for more than just the guy has who has 71/2 inches of long brown hair (he’s trying to grow it to 12 inches to donate it to Locks of Love for cancer patients) and has an uncontrollable need to be naked. He is in fact the Assistant Head Coach for SSU Men’s Tennis Team, a former collegiate athlete and a member of Alpha Psi Fraternity.

It wasn’t until his junior year, that he made his way out to California from Florida. Before coming to SSU, he started his college career at Appalachian State in North Carolina. This also marked his college career playing tennis in college.

Tennis has always been a big part of Taylor’s life, because he has been playing tennis for 18 years or since he was 4 years old. 16 years later, he made his decision to make his way out to beautiful warm California, or that’s at least that’s what he thought all of California was like. When he made his first visit to Sonoma State University with his mom he remembers how surprised he was.

“We were driving on Petaluma Hill Rd, thinking where are all the beaches,” said Bianco.  “This is all farm land?”

Thankful, his mom was there to tell him to give it a chance, and now he has fallen in love with the people, school and California itself.

Don’t worry though, because he isn’t done yet at SSU, he has one more year to graduate. It is then when he wants to travel and help people around the world and complete his life goals of competing in an “Ironman” and start his own Non-profit.

This Campus Cutie is currently single and just happens to be one of the sweetest guys around.  If you’re looking for an awesome formal date or just a great guy, he is your man.

Alexandra Schwarz is a senior at Sonoma State University located in Northern California. As a Communications major with a double focus in public relations and writing, she hopes to pursue a media career upon graduation in May of 2012. While attending Sonoma State, she has been an active leader for the campus in the Residential Life department in both the dorms and classroom life and was even invited to attend a national leadership conference (NACURH). When she's not managing the Sonoma State Her Campus branch, she spends her time traveling with EF College Break through her internship as a campus manager. She is also an active member in her sorority, Alpha Xi Delta, as well as a public relations intern for an art gallery. Her hobbies include crafting, traveling, reading, dancing, cooking, and trying new things. Fun fact: she has met Darren Criss of Glee!