Registration, As Told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Classes for next semester have been released, and so the games have begun. I have recently started binge watching The Office (because what is productivity anyways?), and realized there is no one better to tell the sad story of registration than Michael, Dwight, Jim, Pam, and the rest of my Office friends:

When classes get released:

and you’re in the back of your classroom (planning schedules instead of taking notes obviously):

and all of the class descriptions sound something like this:

Then you realize two classes you need are being offered in the exact same time slot:

and someone says they’ll probably get into that class that only has one section:

When you realize you have to take an 8am:

And then your advisor says they might be able to help you:

But you reflect upon the previous registration (when they said the same thing and you know exactly how that turned out):

When the professor of the course says, “A new section might open up.”

When you get your registration time:

and your friends complain about their earlier time:

When someone in class mentions their registration time, and it’s earlier than yours:

and the professor won’t give you an access code:

and you’re just watching the classes fill up:

Then you’re roommates ask if you need some tissues:

when you watch the last seat in your class fill:

When you’re minutes from your registration time:

When you go to register and the class you want is full:

But you somehow manage to meet full-time status:

Registration got you like:

Happy huntin’ everybody!

Rebecca Robinson is a full-time student at Sonoma State University studying Political Science with a minor in Philosophy. She's a political enthusiast, over-thinker, and avid Netflix user. Originally from San Jose, Rebecca is a proud Niners Fan and Orange Sauce Connoisseur. If she isn't studying or writing, she's reading inspirational quotes on the internet, procrastinating, or begging her cats to love her.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma