Profile: Macenzie Campolito

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

When you see Macenzie on campus, she always has a smile on her face, and you can always count on her to say hello and ask you how you are doing. She has made an effort to gain the most from her college experience by getting involved in many organizations on campus. From her positivity and motivation to her proven success, she is an inspiration to fellow students. Let’s get to know her a little better:

Name: Macenzie Lynn Campolito 

Major: Sociology and Liberal studies

Year: Senior

Hometown: Poway, CA

HC Sonoma State: What are your career goals after you graduate?

Macenzie Campolito: To be happy. Honestly. But I don’t have any immediate plans, I know that being around people will make me happy, but I am in no immediate hurry to settle into a career right out of college. 

HC SS: What clubs/organizations are you involved in on campus? 

MC: Currently I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, but I have been really involved at SSU throughout my four years. I started with Residential Life (I was a CSA), I have been an Orientation Leader and am currently Interning at the orientation office, I was Panhellenic President for 2015 and I currently work at CSLIS (Center for Student Leadership, Involvement and Service). 

HC SS: What has been your favorite memory at SSU? 

MC: My favorite memories are all circled around my leadership and everyone that I have met along the process. The people are my favorite memories, from CSA to Summer Orientation to Greek Life to my other involvements, I have been blessed with so many amazing relationships that I will remember forever. 

HC SS: If you could have one superpower what it be and why? 

MC: Time-travel or teleportation; any powers that can help me see the world.

HC SS: What is your favorite ice cream? 

MC: The Cold kind… I will eat any kind of ice cream…

HC SS: If you could give a piece of advice to yourself as a freshman what would it be?  

MC: Say yes more than you say no. The yay-sayers always seem to have more fun.

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.