This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Panic! at the Disco 

We could all afford to rock out every once in awhile, and in my opinion, Panic! at the Disco is the perfect music for blowing off some steam after a long day.  Whether you’re going to the gym, going for a walk, or just sitting in bed, Panic! at the Disco has a great rock and roll sound that’s just coming back into the spotlight after 3 years without an album release.  This past week I’ve been listening to their album from 2013 Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! non stop.  My favorite songs have got to be This Is Gospel, Casual Affair, Collar Full.  I’ve also listened to their newest album a lot and I really love Death of A Bachelor, LA Devotee, Golden Days, and The Good The Bad and The Dirty.  Give them a listen and rock your socks off.

Lord Huron-The Night We Met

I started watching 13 Reasons Why the other day, and yes I regret it, but there is one song featured in the show that has caught my attention. It has been the song featured in most of the previews for the show and is the song that is played during a big scene of the show.  It’s called The Night We Met by Lord Huron.  Lord Huron is an American indie folk and indie rock band based in Los Angeles and I’m sure I have listened to their music before.  When I heard the song in the show I was mesmerized by its softness and the vocals and I knew I had to find it so I could play it on repeat until I’m sick of it.

6lack-Free Black

So I’m not exactly sure where I heard of this guy, but once I started listening to his album, I couldn’t stop.  I’m not much or a rap fan, but this guy, along with my next recommendation, have really opened me up to the genre.  It’s hard to only recommend a few songs from this album, but if I really had to pick, I would say Alone/EA6, Gettin’ Old, and Worst Luck.  Definitely worth a listen.

Post Malone-Stoney

One of my suitemates got me obsessed with Post Malone’s album Stoney that came out in December of 2016.  This is Post Malone’s first album after his single release of White Iverson in 2015. My most listened to songs from the album are Go Flex, Too Young, and Feeling Whitney.  Post Malone is a singer/rapper and I like that a few of these songs have an acoustic element to them.  

Honorable Mentions:

Blackbear- Help and Deadroses album

Halsey- Now or Never

Ed Sheeran- Supermarket Flowers