This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Some people say you can’t relive high school.  That once you’ve graduated it will never be the same.  Well, this past weekend I decided to test that theory…

This past weekend was my old high school’s Homecoming dance.  I’m good friends with a lot of people that still go there, so I thought it’d be fun to go back and relive that part of high school one last time. I went back to school on Friday for the rally and got to see a few of my friends who were on homecoming court perform their dances, and a couple friends from my class joined me as well.  It was a funny feeling to be back with good friends of mine and watching our old friends, who are now seniors, enjoy their last rally.  The next day was the homecoming game which I wasn’t able to go to, but later that night I went to the dance with my friends.  We went to a pre-party where everyone took pictures and socialized with their dates and friends and this was the point in the night where I didn’t necessarily feel like I belonged because I was only really close with 10-20 people that were there.  My old high school is very small and there were only 80 people in my graduating class so everyone knows everyone there.  I recognized everyone, but I didn’t necessarily socialize with a lot of people.  A few people from my class that go to school nearby and have siblings still at the high school came to the house to take pictures and say “Hi” to people, but I was the only alumni from my class that went to the dance.  A lot of people were excited that I was there and I got to see some underclassmen I hadn’t seen in awhile which was nice.  The dance went fairly normal and we all went to In N Out afterward, and most of my friends and I spent the night at another friends house and for a while. It really felt like I was in high school again.  Homecoming weekend is the time of the year for me that brings back a lot of specific memories from high school and makes me feel very nostalgic, so it was weird to come back and have those same feelings, but with all of my friends missing.  The people that I surrounded myself with in high school were what made it so great but not having them there definitely made things feel a lot different.  This weekend made me miss my high school a lot and the friends and experiences I had there.  I’m happy that I’m done with high school but it was fun to relive the homecoming experience and be involved one last time.

Second year at SSU. Hobbies of mine include Photography, Writing, and Singing in the shower.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma