6 Problems Only Netflix Lovers Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Oh, Netflix. It is probably our most visited website, our most favorite website, and the website that has changed our lives. With easy access to all of our favorite shows and movies, it is extremely easy to spend hours on it, and easy for us to not mind at all. So for all of you hardcore Netflix lovers, here are the top six problems we all face at one point or another.

1. Slow wifi. This is probably the worst thing that can happen to us when we are trying to see if our favorite character will finally hook up with that one guy that we have been rooting for since the beginning. Either way, staring at a screen and waiting for the loading icon to reach 100% are the longest 15 seconds of our life.

2. Too many people are on your account. Nothing is worse than loading up your page, clicking play on what you want to watch, and an error message popping up because your sister is conveniently using your Netflix account when you are. So you might just text her in a rant saying to gtfo out of your account or else you’ll change the password.

3. When your friends are ahead. While watching the same series as one of your friend is fun, it may also cause some problems. It may require you to try and avoid talking about it because they may ruin the ending for you. So you strictly tell them to remember that you are not where they are which means that you can’t rant about the latest plot twist.

4. When you’re friends are behind.  Another problem with watching the same series is being ahead because it requires you to watch what you say so you don’t spoil it. You also may need to try to act like the series stays good even though you know that your favorite character on Grey’s Anatomy is getting killed off .  :(

5When they leave you on a cliff hanger.  I lied before about slow wifi, getting left on a cliff hanger is the ABSOLUTE WORST. What makes it even worse, is when the next season is not on Netflix, because you do not know what is happening next. And unless you have Hulu you now have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the next season.

6. When you forget to pay the bill.  Forgetting to pay the bill is the worst way we let ourselves down. Make sure to stay on automatic payments or have enough money in your account so you can always binge watch your fav series!                      

Despite all of the problems that we encounter, Netflix has revolutionized the way we watch TV. It has introduced us to new series and has given us the best (and laziest) way to pass time in the comfort of our home. Happy Netflixing!