nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Tips to Follow if you are Insanely Busy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

We all know the feeling…Having all day classes, followed up by mounds of reading and work all weekend, all while trying to maintain a social life!? It’s exhausting!  Trying to satisfy your professors, bosses, friends and most importantly yourself is definitely the biggest challenge! Here are 10 things to do if you are insanely busy!

1. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!

The calendar app on my phone is my best friend! Writing everything down helps keep everything organized so you never forget when your next essay is due!

2. Find little breaks in between classes or work to relax

If you only have five minutes in between classes, try to get there early so you have a little time to veg out on your phone, or watch a funny SNL clip! If you have a half hour or more and live on campus try to take a 20 minute nap or if you don’t, sit in your car and enjoy the peace.

3. Eat!

Its sooo easy to forget to sit own and have a proper meal when you are always on the go! so if you have an 8 AM with no time to go to the caf or Charlie Browns, grab a granola bar or an apple! It gives you energy and helps you focus.

4. Prioritize

I hate to break it to you, but some things on your to do list just won’t get done! Make sure your school work takes priority over work, but don’t freak out if you couldn’t finish the chapter this week! Know what will count for the most points and focus on that!

5. Let your professors know your schedule

I’m not saying send them your weekly schedule, but let them know what’s going on! Most teachers will be more lenient with you if they know how much you are doing.

6. It’s important to have a social life, but you don’t have to go to every party or hang out with your friends every weekend!

I’m not saying X-out your friends, but if it’s a saturday and your first free night in a week and you aren’t feeling up for it DON’T GO! There is nothing wrong with staying in and watching Netflix or going to bed early! Your body needs rest and there is always next time!

7. Don’t be a yes person!

A yes person is someone who can’t say no. Don’t over book your already busy schedule! Say no to the extra shifts your coworkers ask you to cover for them or the event you know you can’t organize that week!

8. Have study groups with your friends!

I know this is a cliche, but it’s a great way to keep up with your course load and have fun with your friends! If you have a ton of reading to finish, find a study partner in your class that can split the reading with you and share notes with.

9. Set goals for the week

Whether it’s to finish your essay due in a few days or finding time to go grocery shopping, set goals and stick to them!

10. Know what you can handle!

When registration comes around, dont over do it! Know what schedule works best for you, and if that doesn’t work out (almost always) follow all the other aforementioned steps for a successful semester!

Like the article? Here are some related ones!

My name is Ashley Napier and I am a writer for the Her Campus Sonoma State chapter.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma