Senior Goodbye: What They Learned During Their Time at Soka

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Soka chapter.

After four years at Soka, the seniors have surely learned a lesson.. or two. We asked them what they have learned during their time at Soka, and these are some of their answers. Make sure you take notes!

That people have different opinions and it is important to hear both sides of the argument before coming to a conclusion. Understanding others but also staying true to who you are Vanesa R.

Friendships are fleeting, so cherish the moments you spend with people – Valerie O.

To be confident in myselfSaul H.

Patience and time managementShania D.

Do not feed raccoons. Do not touch raccoons. Do not push yourself too much for what you want to do. I will still do so regardless Risa N.

You can’t love and appreciate someone to their fullest if you don’t love and appreciate yourself Ellen K.

How to listenCassidy L. 

At Soka I have gained a global perspective and critical thinking skills through meeting and working with people from all different backgrounds Karla R.

Be kind and show love to others. The culture of care idea may seem fake and unreal at times, but the connections that SUA folks have after graduation really put into perspective the power of love and kindness in impacting the lives of those around me – Sung B.

Nellie Hultman is currently a sophomore at Soka University of America where she is studying Social and Behavioral Sciences. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Soka. After living in 6 countries, she has developed a love for traveling, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, and trying new foods (lots of it). She hopes to continue traveling the world throughout her life. She plans to attend law school after college, and she desires to build a life focused on inspiring, empowering, and serving others. When she’s not doing homework or thinking about ways to change the world, you can find her researching unsolved crimes, singing in the car, watching Seinfeld… or eating.