The Top Five Trends to Rock This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.
Even though we’re still dealing with 90 degree temperatures here in Texas, fall is just around the corner. There are tons of cool fall trends to rock this year, but I’ve narrowed it down to my top five: fringe, suede, bell-bottom pants, over-the-knee boots, and off-the-shoulder tops. 

1. Fringe
This versatile trend has been seen on everything from shoes, bags, and jackets.  Fringe is a great way to show some edge and add movement to your outfits. 
“Fringly” Shoe, $129.95, Steve Madden

“Fringe Dreams” Jacket, $569, Free People

“Ecote Crescent” Fringe Bag, $49, Urban Outfitters

2. Suede
A unique fabric, suede is making a comeback on mini skirts, pants, and dresses. This fabric is perfect a perfect weight for fall, has a fun texture, and is soft. 

Genuine Suede Buttoned Skirt, $34.90, Forever 21

Genuine Suede Sheath Dress, $49.90, Forever 21

3. Bell-bottom pants
This trend acts as a fun tribute to the 70’s. Pair these pants with a cute pair of wedges and a simple top for a good dinner/drinks outfit. 

Bell Bottom News Navy Blue Print Pants, $34, Lulu’s

4. Over-the-knee boots
These are a daring way to jazz up an outfit. These would go nicely with jeans, or you could even pair them a skirt if you’re feeling bold. 

Faux Suede Over-the-Knee Boots, $44.90, Forever 21

5. Off-the-shoulder tops
This is a flattering way to show off your shoulders, and these shirts add easy elegance to almost any outfit. 

Off-the-shoulder Top, $34.99, H&M

Feature Image: Courtesy of Christina Myers  

Christina is a sophomore at SMU studying Advertising and Fashion Media. When not writing, she enjoys cooking, exploring Dallas, and playing with her pug puppy, Stella. You can follow her on Instagram @prettylittlemyers. 
We are the SMU Team.