Super Water Sympathy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Formed in August 2010, Super Water Sympathy is an alternative rock band from Shreveport, La.  Within just one year of touring, the band has played over 75 shows, recorded a full-length original album (“Vesper Belle”), is featured on the new MTV series, “CAGED,” and is playing the 2012 Vans Warped Tour.  According to Kevin Lyman, founder of the Warped Tour, “I must have played the record for 30 people this week, to see if I was crazy to think they were so good…I was not.”

The group consists of brothers Billy and Clyde Hargrove (bass and guitar, respectively), Ryan Robinson (drums), Jason Mills (keys), and Ansley Hughes (vocals).  Super Water Sympathy has traveled the Southwest, performing in Austin,New Orleans Nashville and Atlanta.  However, the group, who refers to their genre as “water pop,” is performing this Saturday right down the street from SMU at Across the Street Bar

Check out their impressionable and unforgettable music on YouTube and head to Across the Street Bar on Saturday at 10 p.m.

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.