Staff Spotlight: Meet HCSMU Editor-in-Chief India Pougher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Our writers spend their days writing about the many opportunities on campus, the nuances of college life and some of the coolest people to meet here at SMU. Today, our team is excited to let our readers get to know more about one of our own, HCSMU editor-in-chief India Pougher!

HCSMU: What are you studying? 

India Pougher: Journalism, fashion media and French

HCSMU: What year are you? 

IP: Senior

HCSMU: What do you do with Her Campus SMU?  

IP: I am a campus correspondent, which means I am the editor-in-chief and president of Her Campus SMU.

HCSMU: What other organizations are you involved with (Greek life, volunteering, clubs, etc.)?

IP: Currently I am a part of Alpha Chi Omega, SMU Retail Club, SMU Look magazine and Honor Council.

HCSMU: What has been your favorite class at SMU? Why?  

IP: One of my favorite classes was astronomy. It fulfills a science pillar for the UC, but it was so fun and took me way outside of my comfort zone.

HCSMU: What does your dream future look like? 

IP: Living in New York as an editor for a fashion publication.

HCSMU: What has been your favorite adventure to date? 

IP: Interning in New York last summer at Marie Claire.

HCSMU: What’s the biggest thing on your bucket list right now? 

IP: Passing the Diplôme de Français Professionnel Mode (a French language exam focused on fashion), which I’m currently preparing for with an independent study in SMU’s French department.

Photo by CarleeAnn Allen

Taylor Hintze is a junior at Southern Methodist University majoring in Engineering Management Science & minoring in Fashion Media. She loves writing the campus cutie section & is always on the hunt for the perfect man bun. If she isn't in Starbucks then she is checking out a local SoulCycle class in search of a straight male instructor.
India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!