SMU welcomes Apple Pay to stores

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Whether it’s looking for your wallet, not having cash, or not finding your student ID, buying anything on campus has always been a struggle. Well, not anymore. Recently, SMU decided to add Apple Pay and Google Wallet to all restaurants and stores on campus.

Apple Pay and Google Wallet are mobile payment systems that allow users to store their debit, credit, gift, and other cards on their phones.

“Everyone can pay by just scanning their phones,” says SMU store cashier Eric Hill.

SMU offers many dining and shopping opportunities on campus, such as Café 100, The Market, Mac’s Place, and Einstein Bros Bagels.

“I forgot my pony card so I used Apple Pay to get my coffee at Café 100. It was super convenient,” said SMU junior Sabrina Abbas.

SMU also has a mobile app for Mac’s Place, where students are able to order their food before pickup.

For more information about SMU’s dining and shopping options, visit their webpage here.

My name is Jessika Roude and I am a member of Southern Methodist University’s class of 2017. I am majoring in journalism and minoring in photography.I work in SMU TV’s The Daily Update and Punto TV, where I have learned all aspects of running a news show. This includes producing, anchoring, directing, technical directing, server, teleprompter, CG/still-store, audio engineering, floor directing, writing, and running cameras. I am also experienced in photography and video and photo editing.I was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela and then relocated to Miami, Florida where I graduated from Miami Country Day School for high school. I am fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian and can also understand Russian and Arabic.
We are the SMU Team.