Recipes Every “Basic Betch” Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Recipes Every “Basic Betch” Will Love

By: Michele Keyes

Tis’ the season for ice skating, apple cider, and most importantly, PUMPKIN. Below are some of the easiest and tastiest treats every “betch” will love, and the best part about these recipes is that they are all made from a box!

1. Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies

Buy any box of chocolate chip cookie mix. Do exactly what the box says (eggs, oil, etc.), and just add one cup of canned pumpkin into the batter! You will be shocked at how homemade these taste. If you want to go the extra step, add white chocolate chips into the mix.

2. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Like above, buy any boxed chocolate chip muffin recipe, and add one cup of canned pumpkin into the batter. If you are feeling extra domestic, make a cinnamon glaze to spread on top of the muffins. (Mix one and 1/3 cups powdered sugar, two tablespoons of milk, and two teaspoons of cinnamon. These muffins smell so good that your neighbors will definitely be knocking on your door for some.

3. Pumpkin “Monkey Bread”

Pumpkin Monkey Bread is possibly one of my favorite desserts of all time, and it could not be easier to make. Buy two containers of biscuit dough, and cut each biscuit into four pieces. Roll the pieces into small balls, and mix them up into a pumpkin spice and sugar mixture. Place these balls into a bundt pan, pour one stick of melted butter combined with brown sugar over the dough, and bake at 350 degrees for an hour!

I guarantee these desserts will have all your friends begging you to make them more so put on your cutest pair of fall boots and fur, and head over to the closest grocery store!