Pet friendly hangouts for you and your pooch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Dogs are a man’s (and a woman’s) best friend. For those of you who always want to bring your furry friend around town, here’s a list of pet-friendly places and activities to do in Dallas:

Courtesy of Facebook

Fitness

Want to go on a run and enjoy beautiful scenery with your best friend by your side? Katy Trail and White Rock Lake are both easy on the eyes. Katy Trail has an entry off Airline Road leading to the 3.5 mile pathway. The trail intersects with Katy Trail Ice House and Reverchon Park, making great pit stops to grab a refreshing drink or bite to eat. White Rock Lake Trail wraps around the lake, with picnic sites, refurbished playgrounds and a dog park to enjoy along the way.

Courtesy of Bolsa Restaurant Facebook

Dining

In addition to Katy Trail Ice House, Bolsa and The Dream Café are just a few “5-bone” rated restaurants that welcome dogs in Dallas. Bolsa is a rustic, American-styled eatery with an outdoor patio for pet seating. Located on West Davis Street, Bolsa features fresh, local ingredients into signature dishes and cocktails that will make both you and your pet’s mouth water. The Dream Cafe located in Uptown on Routh Street is a dainty restaurant with a giant outdoor patio with shade and greenery to keep you and your pooch cool outside. The Dream Café offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. In addition to plentiful food options, live jazz music is featured Wednesday through Friday for you and your pet to always be entertained.

Courtesy of Truck Yard Facebook

Socializing

The worst kind of guilt for a pet owner is when you have to leave them at home, especially when you choose to go out. Instead of ditching your dog, why not bring them along to these fun activities that are pet approved! Topgolf is a driving range taken to a whole new level. The entertainment facility combines golf with upscale bar food and drinks for your friends and family to enjoy. The outdoor ranges allow for dog visitors to come, stay and play, as long as they don’t get too close to the swingin’ green. Truck Yard located in Lower Greenville is a 15,000 square feet outdoor area with   shade, food trucks and even a treehouse bar for adults to enjoy food, craft cocktails and desserts. The trailer park themed area welcomes dogs with open paws, providing complimentary water bowls and clean up stations. 

Olivia is a Contributing Writer for Her Campus and a junior at Southern Methodist University. Her intended major is Journalism with a minor in Business Management. At SMU, she is the Managing Editor for SMU Campus Weekly and an associate for the Best Buddies program. In her free time, Olivia can be found eating sushi, cuddling her dog Arlow or working out. Be sure to follow her on Snapchat @livnguyen.
We are the SMU Team.