Parent Perfect Restaurants!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Parents weekend and the battle for the Iron Skillet is upon us! And with midterm currently consuming our every thought, it is easy to forget that next weekend is one of the only times during the school year where you have to wine and dine your parents in Dallas. Reservations always fill up very fast, so make sure to call ASAP! Wondering where to take them? Below are some great options if your looking brunch, lunch or dinner!

Nick and Sams Steakhouse
Easily one of the most popular dining places in Dallas, Nick and Sam’s is always a crowd pleaser. From amazing appetizers featuring plump shrimp or crab cocktail, crispy calamari to their famous filets, rib eye’s, and sirloins, you can’t really go wrong with any choice on the menu. Not a fan of red meat? Their menu also features a wonderful selection of fish and lobster. (You must try the Lobster Mac n Cheese!)

Victor Tango’s
Located right off the Knox/Henderson exit, this swanky joint is definitely a treasure of Dallas. Their eclectic menu features both large and small plates that can be shared or order individually. The “Bar Bites” are perfect for sampling all the menu has to offer. The Ahi Tuna Nachos and Salmon Skewers are popular dishes. Remember not to overlook their drink menu which features scratch made cocktails and a wide assortment of beer and wine.

R+D Kitchen
Located in Preston Center, this Hillstone owned restaurant is in one would exceptional. Their menu has a wide assortment that is sure to please any pallet. Sushi, cheeseburgers, roasted chicken, and meatloaf… You name it, they make it! 

Breadwinners
This restaurant is no new news to any SMU student, but because it is so delicious, I must remind you of it! The brunch menu is literally heaven on earth. Looking for something sweet? Try the Banana’s Foster Waffle or Carmen’s French Toast (both melt in your mouth delicious). If your in need of a hangover cure, order their Monterey Enchiladas or Southwest Migas along with your Bloody Mary. If your not feeling too adventurous, you can never go wrong with even their Basic Breakfast!

Palomino
This restaurant got a little claim to fame when it was featured on Khloe and Lamar! Located in Uptown, their menu has a rustic European vibe that can be seen from their appetizers to their desserts. Seafood, pizza, pasta, salads, chicken or beef- they have anything and everything! And lets not forget the most important part of the menu- the drinks! They have multiple specially cocktails that can all be made “Skinny” as well as three in-house spiked lemonades. Plenty of vino and beer too!

Trulucks
If you have a true love of seafood, please, please, please don’t go anywhere but here. Trulucks is your one stop shop to everything you could desire! (Yes, this is my favorite restaurant!) With dozens of accolades complimenting its excellence, I think you will agree that this place is worth checking out. Both food and service is impeccable! Their seafood platter is perfect for sharing between you and your parents and the lobster bisque and Jonah crab claws are both must-try menu items. From flounder to halibut to seabass to scallops, this Trulucks will cater to your every whim. Their steaks can rival those of Nick and Sam’s and the menu also features five steak enhancing additions like Oscar Style. For dessert, the carrot cake is uh-mazing.