gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

One hundred years of hotties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

When you’re walking down the Boulevard it’s hard not to notice the swarms of beautiful people at SMU. Tan blondes from California, Southern gentlemen in Wranglers, and don’t forget about the foreigners sprinkled into the mix. If you have a British accent and can tell me about rugby, you’re automatically more attractive then the man talking about how great the Cowboys look this season (lol). 

The endless number of beautiful men at SMU is nothing new. For decades SMU has been a hot spot for the hotties. Here are the top hottest male alumni that graced our Boulevard at some point or another. 

Some of the freshman may be wondering who the statue outside the stadium was built for. That, my friends, is Doak Walker. In the late 1940’s Walker was the big man on campus. A member of Phi Delta Theta and the superstar halfback on the football team, Walker did it all. He won the Heisman Trophy in 1948 and went on to play in the NFL. Lets be honest, girls probably went to the games just see this stud play. God bless whoever built that statue, because that’s the prettiest thing on campus.

Bonus football star: Raymond Berry attended SMU and was drafted by the Baltimore Colts in 1954. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Courtesy of SMU

Country singer Jack Ingram got his start writing songs and performing while he was studying psychology at SMU. Besides spending his days in Hyer Hall studying the human mind and its function, Ingram was a member of Alpha Tau Omega.

Courtesy of SMU

The next hottie is one of the most attractive smarty-pants you’ve ever seen. Clark Hunt graduated from SMU in 1987. While he was a student at SMU Hunt was a two time All-American and a two-time recipient of the Provost Award for Outstanding Scholar. Hunt was also the captain of the soccer team. This smarty-pants went on to marry Miss Kansas USA and become the chairman and CEO of the Kansas City Chiefs. Hunt was also a founding investor in the MLS.

The next alumnus was not only an athlete, a fraternity stud, but he was also a fashion icon. You guessed it; it’s Payne Stewart. While Stewart was at SMU he was a on the golf team and a member of FIJI. After graduation in 1979, Stewart won multiple PGA Championships and gained a reputation within the golfing world for his massive wardrobe, including ivy caps and patterned pants. But then again, are we surprised? Stewart went to SMU so clearly he would be a fashion savvy guy.

Basically hot guys have been cruising through campus for the past hundred years. Here’s to the next 100 years of hotties, cheers!

For more SMU hotties, check out our Campus Cuties!

CarleeAnn Allen is a senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in Journalism and Psychology. Between finding new places to eat and pretending she has her life together, she enjoys taking naps and being active in her sorority.
We are the SMU Team.