Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU News

Dallas Weekend Activities

By Ashley Almquist
May 2, 2014 - 4:42pm

As the week comes to a close and Friday classes end, the weekend begins and SMU students are free to roam the city of Dallas.  But, with such a big city and so many activities, it can be tough figuring out what to do with your free time.  Here are a list of places to go in Dallas.  The Rustic READ MORE

New Fondren Library

By Alexa Horner
April 22, 2014 - 1:48am

For any SMU student, becoming a mustang means having an automatic understanding that boulevards are holidays, “pony up” is part of our everyday vocabulary, and Club Fondy is a student’s home away from home. READ MORE

Upperclassmen Housing around SMU

By Ashley Almquist
April 9, 2014 - 10:42pm

When looking for off campus housing, there are a few things you should consider before signing a lease.  One of the most important factors is location.  Distance to campus determines whether you walk or drive to class, and whether or not you can go home between classes.  Here are a few options for apartments close to campus.  The BLVD Apartments READ MORE

Relay for Life

By Chloe Dinsdale
April 3, 2014 - 10:58am

Relay for Life is a walk for family, friends and people of the community that fundraises money for loved ones who have interacted with cancer. The event is held overnight and members of teams take turns walking shifts. The track for the walk is normally lit with hundreds of luminaria to represent those who are suffering from cancer, have beat cancer, or in remembrance of those who have died from cancer. READ MORE

Upcoming Spring Fashion Trends

By Chloe Dinsdale
March 24, 2014 - 8:35pm

Spring has finally sprung for us chicas (sorry, still in Cabo mode) down here in Dallas, especially after numerous tropical destinations for Spring Break, creating the perfect tan skin to show off with great spring looks!! Here are a few important items you might want to consider for your spring wardrobe! READ MORE

Best Apartment Complexes to Live In

By Kaitlin Brashear
March 18, 2014 - 12:31pm

It’s that time of the year again, when you’ve got to decide where you’re going to call home the next semester.  It’s a tough decision, with so many factors to consider:  Is the pool nice?  Who else is going to be living there?  Can you walk to campus?  Is there a gym?  Are there restaurants nearby?  It’s a tough decision, but HerCampus is here to help make the decision a little easier!  Here are three popular apartment complexes for SMU students: The BLVD READ MORE

Bathing Suit Guide 2014

By Morgan Siewart
March 6, 2014 - 3:05pm

It’s freezing in Dallas during midterms week, and spring break is so close I can almost taste the salt from the margarita I plan to drink upon arriving in Cabo in just a few days. Whether you’re on a study break and craving some online shopping, or just wanting some inspiration to stick to your spring break diet, these bathing suits are definitely drool-worthy. (How much is too much to pay for expedited shipping, again?) If you want….. Minimal tan lines Check out this suit from Free People. The bow manages to slightly distract from the fact that it’s a little skimpier, making it still look cute and not too inappropriate. Perfect for a day laying out by the pool. READ MORE

Mardi Gras

By Brie Strickland
February 24, 2014 - 1:31pm

Grab your beads and order up a Hurricane – SMU is headed to New Orleans! READ MORE

Spring Break Destinations

By Gabbi Vrablik
February 23, 2014 - 4:29pm

Spring break is considered to be one of the best weeks of the year. Pack your bags and do not forget the SPF, because this year is no exception! Thousands of students travel to the most beautiful beaches, stay at the nicest resorts, and experience some of the best parties all in one week. While choosing a destination, it is important to take into account safety, weather, resort costs, and airfare expenses. While each trip varies, most of these destinations should have warm weather and every trip will create memories that will last a lifetime. It is important to do research before you plan your trip and to remain safe while traveling. Relaxation and pampering is a necessity, so make sure to book your spa appointment early in the week. Have fun, be safe,...

Favorite Spring Collections for 2014

By Kaitlin Brashear
February 13, 2014 - 10:16pm

With mixer season in full swing, SMUs trendiest girls are already getting bored with the contents of their closets and are looking for new ways to spice up their outfits.  It’s a new year, which means new designers and new trends are popping up everywhere you turn.  So what are the ladies of SMU going to be wearing in 2014? Lets look at some of their top choices: Kendra Scott READ MORE