Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Features

Hair Trend: Braid

By Brynne Kuntz
October 29, 2014 - 11:41am

Hair Trend: Braids Let’s be real—when have braids been out of style? Ever since we were little girls we’ve been rocking braids, so it’s safe to say most of us have mastered the plaiting art. Now, it’s about adding personal style. Check out these fun braiding trends for Fall and think of some ways to add your own twist—no pun intended.   The Classic Braid READ MORE

Time Management

By Michele Keyes
October 19, 2014 - 6:43pm

For most people college can be a huge adjustment and a difficult transition. For many college students, freshman year is really the first time any of us have really been away from home for an extended period of time. We must figure out how to manage our time and get everything done without having parents constantly on our backs reminding us of what needs to be done. There are many ways to manage one’s time.   1.     Planner READ MORE

How to Become SMU’s Best Trendsetter Ever

By Aja Frost
August 18, 2014 - 8:00am

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!...

Dallas Weekend Activities

By Ashley Almquist
May 2, 2014 - 4:42pm

As the week comes to a close and Friday classes end, the weekend begins and SMU students are free to roam the city of Dallas.  But, with such a big city and so many activities, it can be tough figuring out what to do with your free time.  Here are a list of places to go in Dallas.  The Rustic READ MORE

New Fondren Library

By Alexa Horner
April 22, 2014 - 1:48am

For any SMU student, becoming a mustang means having an automatic understanding that boulevards are holidays, “pony up” is part of our everyday vocabulary, and Club Fondy is a student’s home away from home. READ MORE

Upperclassmen Housing around SMU

By Ashley Almquist
April 9, 2014 - 10:42pm

When looking for off campus housing, there are a few things you should consider before signing a lease.  One of the most important factors is location.  Distance to campus determines whether you walk or drive to class, and whether or not you can go home between classes.  Here are a few options for apartments close to campus.  The BLVD Apartments READ MORE

Relay for Life

By Chloe Dinsdale
April 3, 2014 - 10:58am

Relay for Life is a walk for family, friends and people of the community that fundraises money for loved ones who have interacted with cancer. The event is held overnight and members of teams take turns walking shifts. The track for the walk is normally lit with hundreds of luminaria to represent those who are suffering from cancer, have beat cancer, or in remembrance of those who have died from cancer. READ MORE

Upcoming Spring Fashion Trends

By Chloe Dinsdale
March 24, 2014 - 8:35pm

Spring has finally sprung for us chicas (sorry, still in Cabo mode) down here in Dallas, especially after numerous tropical destinations for Spring Break, creating the perfect tan skin to show off with great spring looks!! Here are a few important items you might want to consider for your spring wardrobe! READ MORE

Best Apartment Complexes to Live In

By kbrashear@smu.edu
March 18, 2014 - 12:31pm

It’s that time of the year again, when you’ve got to decide where you’re going to call home the next semester.  It’s a tough decision, with so many factors to consider:  Is the pool nice?  Who else is going to be living there?  Can you walk to campus?  Is there a gym?  Are there restaurants nearby?  It’s a tough decision, but HerCampus is here to help make the decision a little easier!  Here are three popular apartment complexes for SMU students: The BLVD READ MORE

Bathing Suit Guide 2014

By Morgan Siewart
March 6, 2014 - 3:05pm

It’s freezing in Dallas during midterms week, and spring break is so close I can almost taste the salt from the margarita I plan to drink upon arriving in Cabo in just a few days. Whether you’re on a study break and craving some online shopping, or just wanting some inspiration to stick to your spring break diet, these bathing suits are definitely drool-worthy. (How much is too much to pay for expedited shipping, again?) If you want….. Minimal tan lines Check out this suit from Free People. The bow manages to slightly distract from the fact that it’s a little skimpier, making it still look cute and not too inappropriate. Perfect for a day laying out by the pool. READ MORE