This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

At only eighteen years of age, freshman Myles Crosby is considered one of the top male models in the modeling world. As one of the youngest stars in the industry, he has already graced the pages of Esquire, GQ, and Vanity Fair and has appeared in multiple advertisements for Calvin Klein. Crosby’s modeling career came to a hiatus this fall when he decided to pursue another passion, football, and commited to play for SMU’s Division I team.

You decided to attend SMU and play college football instead of pursuing a career in modeling. What influenced this decision?

I never “quit” my career – media twisted that story to make it sound the way they wanted it to sound. I just can’t do it full time and I made the decision to make football and school full time because I have always had a dream of playing Division I football and getting a top-notch education.

What made you choose SMU?

It’s close to home, they didn’t waste time and gave me an offer immediately and they have a great film program.

What’s your favorite part about being in college?

Experiencing new things and meeting people from all around the world.

How long have you been playing football and what position do you play?

I started playing football in third grade back in Michigan, and I play safety.

What are your favorite sports teams?

All Detroit teams; Lions, Pistons, Tigers, etc. I have to represent the hometown.

When did you first start modeling and how did you get into it?

I was playing pick up basketball in the backyard when I was a sophomore in high school, and without me knowing, my mother took pictures of me and sent them in to an agency.

Do you think you will ever want to continue to model in the future?

Absolutely, but it’s only a stepping-stone for all the things I plan on doing later. I want to act, make music, be in movies and on TV.

Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever gotten to travel to?

I spent a week in St. Barth’s in the Caribbean Islands. Best time of my life.

What’s a fun fact about yourself?

I won class clown in eighth grade – I still brag about it to this day – and I make music.

What do you want to do after you graduate?  

If I’m lucky enough I’d like to play in the NFL, but what I really want to do is act.

Broadcast Journalism and Business Major Orange County, California
SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor