My Guide to the Perfect Sunday To-Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Start looking at Sunday as the first day of the week rather than the last day. Having a more positive attitude about Sundays will help you get through the week easier. It is so much better to have a plan rather than go through the week willy-nilly. Here is everything you need to know to be prepared for the upcoming week.

Image via Huffington Post

1. Get your laundry done at night

Having fresh clothes to start off the week lets you focus more on school and less on laundry. This gives you plenty of choices for outfits for the week as well as organized drawers and closet. Getting rid of this chore on your weekly to-do list will make you feel so much more productive. Also, who doesn’t love the smell of clean clothes and fresh laundry? 

2. Make your to-do list for the week

Sundays are usually slow, which gives you a chance to plan your week. If it’s a hectic week, try getting ahead on work on Sunday so you have less on your plate on Monday. It helps to be organized in the beginning so if something comes up unexpectedly, you can adjust your schedule.

3. Work out

Getting a work out at the beginning of the week will motivate you to keep up with your fitness routine throughout the week. After working out you’ll feel way more productive and you can get more homework and studying done. 

4. Relax

Don’t stress yourself out on Sundays. You want to decompress before the chaos of school comes back to attack you. I know it’s impossible to do absolutely nothing and just sit around relaxing when there’s still work to be done, but taking an hour or two to relax and plan will help you tremendously in the upcoming week.

Image via Live Life Happy

5. Sleep early

I know it is easier said than done, however having a relaxing Sunday then sleeping early will give you more energy for Monday and the rest of the week. If you can get everything done earlier in the day, then you have more time at night to get ready for bed then sleep at a decent time. 

Image via Etsy

6. Wake up early

Again, this is easier said than done, but waking up early will give you more hours in the day to mark things off your to-do list. Waking up early does not mean wake up at 6 a.m.- early is different for everyone. If you normally wake up at noon on Sundays, try waking up at 11, get right out of bed, shower, and start your homework. That extra hour will benefit you more in the long run. Then the week after waking up an hour early, try waking up and hour and half earlier. 

7. Get coffee

This is so self explanatory I don’t need to say anything else about it. 

Sundays can be amazing if you just lessen your stress and take these 7 steps serious. I enjoy my Sundays and weeks so much more since I began to incorporate these 7 tips into every single one of my Sundays. Weekdays are already so hectic, you don’t need to make your Sundays just as hectic. Planning, organizing and de-stressing aren’t just tips for Sundays, but they are tips that you can bring into any aspect of your life.

Miranda is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Economics and Psychology, looking forward to a career working within the federal government. She has lived in multiple differnet cities, including Pittsburgh, PA (home), Austin, TX, and Dallas, TX. She is a loving mother to an adorable French Bulldog named Stella. One way to never have a boring conversation is to talk about politics. 
We are the SMU Team.