This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Summer is the ultimate time to test out new beauty products and trends! You can try out a new haircut (plenty of time for it to grow back before school starts back up) and you should definitely be trying the latest skin products to keep you safe from the harsh sun. Check out our beach bag beauty picks:

Beauty

Sun screen of all types is a definte must for the beach. While it is super fun to lounge about with your girls for hours, it’s important to protect your skin too! But we all know how annoying to is to apply layer after layer of sun screen on your face, especailly when you have a full face of makeup. And you do not want to go barefaced in case you want to snap the perfect insta. The sun screen gods have heard our pleas and have invented the Coola Makeup Setting Spray with SPF 30. You apply this genius product just like you would with any other setting spray (under or over makeup), but this product makes it super easy to top up your SPF on beach days. 

Coola Makeup Setting Spray, $36 at Sephora

It never hurts to apply sunscreen, but you know what does? Burnt lips. Throw on a tinted lip balm with SPF, like the Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15. This lip balm comes in a wide range of fun colors, and is also super moisturizing. 

Sugar Lip Treatment, $24 at Sephora                   

Clothing

Nothing makes a beachgoer look more pulled together than a cute swim cover-up, and this colorblocked one from H&M is super cute (and super afforadble).  

Patterned Sarong, $12.99 at H&M​    

And what better to carry your beach essentials in than this adorable beach bag from Alphabet BagsThey have tons of fun bags with funny quips, and are the perfect size to carrry everything from your towel to your beach read.

$19 at AlphabetBags.com       

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.