Krystal Schlegel, Dallas Blogger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

I think ideal fashionista would be two words that perfectly describe Dallas blogger and SMU Meadows student Krystal Schlegel. Her blog can be found at www.krystalschlegel.com, and many SMU students refer to the site for fashion tips and trends to keep them looking divine in every setting.

Schlegel has been interested in fashion for as long as she can remember.

“I’ve grown up with a mom and older sisters that have always loved fashion, so to me it’s always been important. It wasn’t until college that I found out I could make a career out of my fashion addiction.”

She is currently pursuing a degree in advertising with minors in journalism and fashion media while interning at Chanel and of course keeping up with her blog that has been around for a year and a half.

“I was taking a floral design class in and was so inspired by all of the beautiful pictures.  While there, I decided it would be a fun way to share my experience with other people.  I also get a lot of questions about style and travel so it’s a way I can share those things with people who have the same interests.”

Schlegel being such a popular blogger, has had the opportunity to meet some big name fashion designers.

“Fashion designers are my version of celebrities! The one’s I was most excited to meet were Diane Von Furstenburg, The Olsen twins, Tory Burch, and Katherine Hooker who designs many of Kate Middleton’s jackets. The nicest designer I interviewed was Thakoon.

Schlegel also had the opportunity to host Neiman Marcus’ Fashion Night Out this fall, which she referred to as “a dream come true.”

“I got to go through the store and pull my favorite looks that I thought were the best fall trends. I got to play dress up with models in my favorite department store!”

You can also expect to see her photo shoot in the March issue of Dallas magazine Modern Luxury.

“It’s cheesy but they say do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life. When I’m working on a photo shoot handling the clothes and putting together outfits it’s like playing in a fantasy world. I love all of it!”

Upon graduating in May, Schlegel has big dreams for the future, including keeping up with her blog and eventually having her own clothing line. In the mean time, she will be traveling to New York in two weeks for fashion week where she claims she gets some of her best inspiration for style on the streets and while traveling.

Again, for fashion deals, tips, and trends follow Krystal’s blog at www.krystalschlegel.com

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.