How to Become SMU’s Best Trendsetter Ever

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!

From hosting star-studded celebrity events to producing their own StyleFix magazine, boohoo always has something wild and amazing going on (kind of like we collegiettes do). Every day the trendsetting geniuses at boohoo add almost 100 new pieces to their site! Want in on the action (and maybe even the fashion industry itself)?

We’re going to let you in on a secret: You’ve got a chance to become just as on-trend as boohoo is without breaking the bank. This fall, boohoo is breaking out from across the pond more than ever before to take the U.S. by storm and is launching a brand ambassador program at 15 campuses located all over the country, and SMU is one of them! They’re looking for style influencers to join the boohoo STYLE SQUAD and represent boohoo on campus. Think you have what it takes to be a trendsetter?

So what’s in it for you? You know, besides the opportunity to be a fashion authority (for real), plus a ton of free clothes… (and that’s only the beginning).

Check out the perks of the social media/marketing manager and PR/event manager positions:

Perks:

• Monthly shopping credit to buy the latest trends from boohoo.com
  • Free boohoo branded swag
  • Exclusive seasonal discounts to shop the newest looks and latest trends
  • Chances to win a summer 2015 internship at boohoo’s U.S. office, an all-expenses paid trip to help shoot boohoo.com’s new TV fashion segment in Miami and a dedicated feature in StyleFix Magazine issue
  • Incredible experience to add to your resumé
  • Working directly with one of the U.K.’s leading fashion brands
  • Being a campus style influencer by bringing the hottest looks/styles/fashion to YOUR campus

The program will have two brand ambassadors per school: a social media/marketing manager and a PR/event manager. The team members will each spend five to 10 hours a week generating awareness of boohoo and driving sales of the boohoo product. Collegiette to collegiette, there’s no better way to get that marketing and PR experience while you’re on campus (especially not while having fun and scoring free clothes in the process)!

Social media/marketing manager responsibilities:

• Manage and promote campus-specific social media accounts and post a minimum of three posts/channel/week
  • Work with PR/event manager to identify and execute celebrity/influencer placements on social media channels
  • Host a total of (2) giveaways per semester across social media channels
  • Implement strategic marketing initiatives on campus
  • Partner with Her Campus chapter to be featured on HC SMU’s Snapshot Blog or as an HC SMU Campus Celebrity
  • In partnership with PR/event manager, submit weekly status reports to boohoo team
  • Participate in monthly extra credit challenges for a chance to win additional prizing

PR/event manager responsibilities:

• Coordinate and execute (1) required event per semester
  • Work with social media/marketing manager to identify and execute celebrity/influencer placements on social media channels
  • Partner with Her Campus SMU chapter to plan, organize and execute on-campus events and develop innovative promotional tactics to drive event attendance
  • Build and maintain relationships with campus media outlets and local organizations
  • Receive and distribute promotional materials and products
  • Partner with Her Campus SMU to be featured on campus microsite’s Snapshot style blog or as an HC SMU Campus Celebrity
  • In partnership with social media/marketing manager, submit weekly status reports

So, are you ready to rock your campus? You won’t be alone; the full list of lucky schools that will host brand ambassador programs are San Francisco State, NYU, University of Maryland, Tulane, University of Pennsylvania, Boston College, Emory, University of Illinois – Chicago, UNC – Chapel Hill, American University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Central Florida, Loyola Marymount, Southern Methodist University and William Paterson University of New Jersey!

Apply for the boohoo STYLE SQUAD now!

Are you excited? We are! Here’s to a new year… and a new role as SMU’s newest style leader.

Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu