stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Get Cute Quick: How to Look Cute After Working Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

When I workout, I do not glow. I do not glisten. I get super red and I’m like wet with sweat and that’s gross but I feel like I can tell you these things. I then have to run back to my dorm in order to get ready for my next class. I applaud those that can go straight from the gym and continue their day with minimal effort. However I am not one of those people, and I’m willing to bet you aren’t either if you’re reading this.

My search query, “look cute after working out”, unfortunately did not have many results on pinterest, so I’ve compiled some tips that I’ve observed and try to use.

1. Bring a hat

My hair gets pretty gross when I workout and I have a fairly long walk back to my dorm from our rec center. On a small campus you are bound to run into someone you know on these treks, so it can be nice if during your chat they aren’t wondering whether you’ve showered or have been sweating like a pig.

It’s also a great excuse to buy more active-wear or baseball caps because who doesn’t love a well coordinated outfit!

2. Outfit

Speaking of coordinated outfits, invest in some exercise gear you feel confident in. When I first started working out, I would throw on a big t-shirt and some old leggings. If you feel confident in that, go for it! I however feel much more inspired to work when I have a sexy outfit. A great place for this is Fabletics, there are all kinds of deals and all of the clothing is really good quality.

3. Makeup

So I’m not sure how people feel about working out in makeup. I wouldn’t encourage wearing a full face, because not only is it bad for your skin, but you’re gonna sweat that sh!t off. However, I tend to work out with a little bit of waterproof mascara and I draw on my eyebrows. Though this isn’t the same for everyone, I personally feel like I go from a 2 to a 6 by just filling in my eyebrows and that’s some confidence I like to have after working out.

4.Redness

I’ve learned a couple of things about soothing redness after a workout. First of all, plan time to stretch and cool down into your workout. It can make a world of difference. Also, make sure to stay hydrated and it can be helpful to put a cold towel to your face/neck/afflicted areas after you workout.

5. Fragrance

Y’all. I beg of you. Please do not douse yourself in some floral perfume after working out, because then you are just creating this weird mix of B.O. and Hydrangeas. Instead, get baby wipes and wipe yourself off, then apply a light body mist. It’s hard to cover the lovely stench of a hard workout, so instead try to reduce and then cover.

6. Confidence!

You rocked a workout! You are bettering yourself! So what if you are a little red and sweaty, you earned that right. Strut like the diva you are. These tips make me feel confident, but do what makes you feel best in your skin, no matter how much that skin needs a shower.