Fall TV Series’ Premieres You Won’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

It’s September and that means it’s time to set your DVRs because fall television is back and there are countless new shows that are worth watching.

The vampire trend is still here, but this time the very famous Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will be back on fall television playing twins on the CW. Vampires can relax because Gellar will not be kicking demon butt on her new show, The Ringer. The show follows two sisters who are trying to mend their relationship. In this process, one disappears and the other decides to take her sisters place realizing that everyone’s life is not perfect. Gellar is the second CW character to be playing the two roles, with the first being Nina Dobrev in the much-loved Vampire Diaries. Ringer will premiere Sept. 13 at 8 p.m. Central.

Speaking of the supernatural world, the CW will also have a new show about witches called The Secret Circle. The show is about a California teenager who moves to a small town and discovers she comes from a family of witches. It will premiere Sept. 15 at 8 p.m. central, following the premiere of Vampire Diaries. This show is a must watch for the fans of Vampire Diaries (VD) because it is based off a book by the same author as VD and will have the same producer, Kevin Williamson (Dawson’s Creek, VD).

Another girl making a comeback on the CW is The O.C.’s Rachel Bilson in her new show, Hart of Dixie,premiering Sept. 26 at 8 p.m. central. The series is a medical drama following Dr. Zoe Hart (Bilson) life as she moves to the small town of Bluebell, Ala. and how she copes with work, small-town gossip and love.

CBS and Fox are brining the comedy this year with 2 Broke Girls (CBS) and New Girl (Fox). 2 Broke Girls follows two waitresses — Max (Kat Dennings), who came from a working-class gamily, and Caroline (Beth Behrs), who despite being born rich, has become poor. Both work together in a Brooklyn restaurant, become fast friends, and work together on getting enough money to create a cupcake shop. New girl follows Jessica Day (Zooey Deschanel), a bubbly girl who is trying to get over a breakup. She moves in with three single guys who help her learn about life, love and friendship. 2 Broke Girls premieres on CBS on Sept. 19 at 7:30 p.m. central, while New Girl premieres on Fox on Sept. 20 at 8 p.m. central.

Another show that will be a must watch is ABC’s Revenge, premiering Sept. 21 at 9 p.m. central.  Emily VanCamp, who may seem familiar from the popular show Everwood, will be playing Emily Thorne. The story follows Emily as she comes to the Hamptons dead set on doing whatever it takes to get revenge on the people who destroyed her family. The other ABC show that has been getting a lot of good press is Pan Am. Pan Am takes a step back in time as the show follows the iconic Pan American World Airways airline during the 1960s. Pan Am premieres Sept. 25 at 9 p.m. following a new episode of Desperate Housewives.
With all these great new shows coming this fall plus your favorite returning shows such as Gossip Girl, The Office and Glee, your DVR will be working overtime. To see a full schedule of the Fall 2011 lineup, visit http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/fall-schedule.aspx

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.