Dates in Dallas: Where to Go With That Certain Someone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Dallas is famous for a few things– the Cowboys, a great variety of restaurants and the Arboretum overlooking White Rock Lake– and for good reason. These are all fabulous date ideas! Sporting events are always a quality date option. Check into Dallas sports team events– whether its the Mavs, the Cowboys or the Stars, your guy will totally love that you have an appreciation for competition. Use the internet to your advantage to read up on the teams ahead of time and impress him with your understanding of the game! Check out http://www.visitdallas.com/fans/sports_events_calendar/ to view all of the upcoming sporting events in Dallas.

Secondly, Dallas is known for its brunch restaurants. Many offer top rated brunches, including Nick & Sam’s Grill, Smoke, Kozy Kitchen, Toulouse and Central 214 in the Palomar Hotel. After a night out, sleep in the next morning and go out for that great mid morning meal! For a hearty meal, check out Smoke, a new restaurant which combines great breakfast with BBQ. An outdoor option would be Toulouse–it has a patio with a great breeze– not to mention mouthwatering beignets!

To burn off that brunch together– get active! Dallas is filled with great outdoor date options, especially now that the weather has cooled off from 120 degrees. For a fun fall option, pack a picnic and go to the Arboretum to stroll the grounds, view the houses made of pumpkins and relax in the grass all afternoon. Be sure to buy tickets at Tom Thumb for the Arboretum– they sell them at a discounted price. Also, White Rock Lake is right near the Arboretum for a nice stroll around the lake, run or bike ride. Be sure to sit on the dock at sunset– with the cool air and beautiful scenery, you’re sure to make a great memory right before Thanksgiving break.

For a fun, relaxed environment, check out the Katy Trail Ice House on Routh. With a huge amount of space and seating (rare to find in Dallas!), this Tex-Mex restaurant is also a beer garden. What guy doesn’t love endless beer options? And you can grab your marg, too!

Get out of that Highland Park comfort zone and explore the great date options in different parts of the Big D!

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.