Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Celebrities

Morgan O'Hare

By Alexa Horner
April 7, 2014 - 2:52pm

Morgan O’Hare Makes Her Mark on the Dallas Fashion Scene Dressed effortlessly chic in boho pants, rocking a slicked back bun, and accessorized to a tee, Morgan O’Hare graces the Southern Methodist University campus with style. Not only does O’Hare look like a fashion guru, but her career in the industry has already tailored her for success (no pun intended). At only 22 years old, O’Hare has already been a buying intern for the elite Dallas based company, Forty Five Ten and interned with Dior. To her, fashion is more than just a look. O’Hare lives her passion for style by the phrase, “luxury captures every whim and fantasy of the imagination.” READ MORE

Charlie Weber

By Ashley Almquist
March 25, 2014 - 10:39am

READ MORE

Ajee Montes

By Ashley Almquist
March 6, 2014 - 3:51pm

Ajee Montes is not your typical SMU Football Player.  This Southern California native spends his spare time pursuing a career in music as well as co-creating an iPhone app.  This app, called “What’s Going Down,” informs its users on what is happening in both the Dallas and SMU nightlife and was recently released to the public.  He also owns two pug puppies named Wilfred and Alfred. So, as a student, athlete, musical artist, pet owner and app founder how does he have free time? Her Campus found out with a personal interview.  Why did you decide you wanted to play football at SMU? READ MORE

Courtney Spalten

By Madison Fewox
February 25, 2014 - 2:19pm

My interview with FD Luxe Magazine Intern, Courtney Spalten.   What is your daily routine like working at FD/Luxe? It changes each day. Most days I’m in the office working on things for the next issue. Sometimes I get to assist at fashion shoots, which is really fun. Right now, I’m working on writing content for the next issue of the magazine. What is the most rewarding aspect of being an intern at FD/Luxe? READ MORE

Shelly Knutson for SMU Style

By Chloe Dinsdale
February 18, 2014 - 11:46pm

What is SMUstyle? SMUstyle is Southern Methodist University’s official online fashion lifestyle and fashion magazine. On the blog, you’ll find fashion news stories, reviews and critiques, as well as fashion-associated stuff in and around campus. What is your position for SMUstyle? READ MORE

Sarah Aboukhair

By Brie Strickland
February 6, 2014 - 1:57pm

Some girls are just born to sparkle. She’s lived in Costa Rica, Spain, France, Mexico, Guatemala, Lebanon and the Philippines. She speaks French, Arabic, Spanish and English. She can play eight instruments and her music can be found on iTunes and Spotify. She might just be the most interesting girl at SMU. Sarah Aboukhair, a senior Marketing major, is identifiable by her effortlessly eclectic and chic wardrobe, as well as her infectious smile.  With music that resonates like crooner Regina Spektor and style seemingly reminiscent of a hip Anthropologie store, Aboukhair is on her way to stardom. When did you first start singing? READ MORE

Kira Plastinina

By Sarah Stanton
December 18, 2013 - 9:40pm

My intervew with Russian fashion designer Kira Plastinina. When did you know you wanted to start a fashion line? READ MORE

Lauren Fann

By Brie Strickland
December 11, 2013 - 8:49pm

Interview with Panhellenic President, Lauren Fann As second semester winds down, some first-year female students have more than just finals and holiday baking on their minds. For over 500 SMU females, next month will bring the much anticipated sorority recruitment. While each chapter has its house respective president, Lauren Fann presides over all eight houses as Panhellenic Council President. She’s dedicated her four years at SMU to the betterment of our greek community through attending retreats, serving as rho gamma and now as president. Hailing originally from Arizona, Fann has brought fresh ideas and her keen logical mind- a mind molded from her time in the Lyle School of Engineering. READ MORE

Dasha Sharapova

By Daniela Huebner
December 4, 2013 - 11:34am

The tennis genes seem to run strong in the Sharapova family. Freshman Dasha Sharapova from Bradenton, Florida currently plays for SMU’s woman’s tennis team and is the younger cousin of Russian professional tennis player, Maria Sharapova. Dasha is a force on the tennis team, posting a 6-5 record for singles and an 8-3 overall mark in doubles for the fall tournament season.  How long have you been playing tennis and what do you love most about the sport? I have been playing tennis since I was five years old and what I love most about the sport is how competitive it is and how much I get to travel all over the world for it. Who has been your biggest inspiration in the sport? READ MORE

Sam Clark

By Chloe Dinsdale
November 20, 2013 - 12:20pm

My interview with Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Sam Clark. Age? 21, Junior at SMU Hometown? San Diego, California Major/Minor? Communications/Dance Minor Have you always had an interest in cheer/dance? What is your experience? Yes I started dancing when I was two. I went to a performing arts boarding school in North Carolina for dance. I love dance! How did you get started at DCC? I went to an audition for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and made the cut!! All my training as a young girl helped me to succeed in this endeavor. What does a typical week look like in the life of a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader? READ MORE