This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Who doesn’t love a good brunch? It’s a great time to get together with friends and eat some tasty food, decompress from the previous week, and prepare your zen for the week to come. It’s also a special occasion to get a little dressed up! You can spend a little extra time on your hair and makeup because it’s the weekend! So sure, go ahead and spend 10 minutes perfecting your cat eye, but don’t forget about the outfit!  Something that can seriously mess up that weekend brunch zen is the “I Have Nothing to Wear” syndrom, but don’t you worry. Here are some easy to put together options with staples that every girl has in her closet. 

This outift is as cute as can be, and ridiuclously easy to put together. Throw on a jean shirt, a cute printed skirt, and some flats, and you are ready to brunch. If you don’t have these these staples, you can find the jean shirt shown above at Target, and the skirt at Nordstrom.

This outift is sophisticated and classy, with the perfect mix of causal to make the perfect brunch outfit. This outfit is great for the super busy Cox student, and it’s simplicity makes it easy to pull off for any occasion. This black blazer from Cotton On and the black heels instantly dress up a white tee and jeans. 

The LWD (little white dress) from Free People could definiltely be for a bit of fancier brunch or the boulevard, but can also be dressed down with a jean jacket and a messy bun. There is nothing easier than throwing on a goregous deatiled dress; no need to add jewlrey, just throw on some sandals and go!

Now that you’re out of wardrobe rut, you can eat avacado toast and deviled eggs to your heart’s content! Brunch on! 

Photos: Courtesy of Margaret Graham

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.