Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Blog

Getting The Body You Want for Spring Break

By Gabbi Vrablik
February 28, 2014 - 1:13pm

As spring break quickly approaches, it is time to hit the beach with the bod you want this year! Girls nationwide dread bikini season, however, this year is your time to shine! Here are five helpful hints to get that bod you want in just a couple of weeks!    1. DO NOT EAT PAST 8PM Late night eating is often times when we consume the most calories and have no time to burn them off. Eating dinner early provides your body with time to burn it off while also reducing snacking. 2. CUT OUT ALL SUGAR I know it seems impossible, but it’s the quickest and healthiest way to get rid of belly fat and to show off your abs! 3. CARDIO READ MORE

There's No Place Like Home...Bar: The 10 People You Meet on Thursdays

By Brie Strickland
February 23, 2014 - 3:42pm

READ MORE

Why It's Great to Be Single on Valentine's Day

By Morgan Siewart
February 10, 2014 - 2:30pm

Attention all you single ladies out there: there's no reason to be upset when February 14th rolls around! 1.     You Don’t Have to Worry About Buying a Present Boys are impossible to shop for regardless…and Valentine’s Day is so soon after Christmas. If you had a boyfriend you probably would have just used up your perfect gift idea one short month ago and you would be back to the drawing board. Save your money and go Spring Break shopping! 2.     Valentine’s Day is on a Friday This Year READ MORE

Crafting for Big Little

By Ashley Almquist
February 4, 2014 - 6:27pm

It’s that time of year again! Big Little is just around the corner.  Along with all of that sorority gear you give your little, you need a few unique items made by you.  So, it’s time for everyone to get crafty. Many sorority members get started early by crafting for their future little months in advance, but for all of those procrastinators we’ve got some simple DIY ideas for perfect gifts.  The first step to finding designs for crafts would be to look on Pinterest.  This website has a ton of ideas for every sorority.  We’ve picked a few of our favorites to show you. Decorated Letters READ MORE

New Years Resolutions

By Daniela Huebner
December 18, 2013 - 9:54pm

New Year’s Eve marks a time of elaborate celebration, sparkly dresses and clinking champagne glasses. As we celebrate and reflect upon the end of another year, we eagerly approach the coming of a promising new year and with it, a chance to start fresh. As the clock strikes midnight on the last day of the year, people all around the world will celebrate their clean slate and make resolutions to better themselves in the upcoming year. Whether your goal be to exercise more, eat healthier or improve your study habits, here are some quick tips on how to maintain your resolutions in 2014. READ MORE

How to Survive Finals Week

By Ashley Almquist
December 10, 2013 - 6:29pm

Finals are finally here and for many people, it’s their first time taking finals in college.  So, I have a few tips on how to survive the crazy week and successfully make it to winter break.  1.    Use the A-LEC. READ MORE

Best Christmas Destinations

By Chloe Dinsdale
December 4, 2013 - 11:20am

The year 2013 has held many memories of fun, togetherness, emotions and new experiences. What better way to celebrate these memories than by traveling to some of the best holiday destinations and being thankful and having fun with family and friends? Here is a guide to some of this year’s top travel spots worldwide for the holidays. COLORADO Colorado, known for it’s beautiful Rocky Mountains, is home to amazing ski resorts and winter fun. The weather allows for skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and ice- skating. Homes and hotels are equipped with fireplaces to help warm your toes after a big day on the mountain. Colorado’s resort towns are also home to ice sculptures by locals, shopping, village markets and great food. ALASKA...

The Best Apps for Editing Photos

By Ashley Almquist
November 19, 2013 - 12:47pm

We all love posting pictures on different social media such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Instagram started a revolution in photo editing with its many different filters and many other apps have followed.  Now even Twitter has a photo editor for pictures before you post them. But, people are starting to go outside these apps to edit their photos before posting them. There are hundreds of different photo editing apps and each has different effects and features. So, what apps are the best to edit photos? We have three that are sure to make your photos look amazing without looking too edited.  VSCO Cam READ MORE

Surviving the LDR

By Morgan Siewart
November 12, 2013 - 11:35am

Surviving the Long Distance Relationship Most girls work super hard to make their college relationships work, and the added pressures of being far away from a boyfriend make everything that much more difficult. Every difficult aspect: jealousy, trust issues, and time management are all amplified when the miles between two lovers increase. Read below for tips on how to make your long distance relationship long lasting. 1. Be an open book READ MORE

Are you wearing the wrong workout shoes?

By Sydney Paine
November 8, 2013 - 12:24pm

My first job was as a sales rep at the local downtown Nike store in Portland, Oregon where I grew up. With that job I was required to understand and sell all Nike products. Of everything I learned the most important lesson was that there is a huge difference between workout shoes. Athletic shoes are specifically designed to enhance the athletes performance. If an athlete isn't wearing the right shoes they may not be at their full potential. There are three types of shoes (as I understand): running, training, and sportswear. Before explaining these here are a few things to understand: READ MORE