Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Blog

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to SMU!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 6:30pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

The Truth Behind The Juice Cleanse

By Gabbi Vrablik
April 22, 2014 - 1:52am

Today’s newest diet trend is the infamous juice cleanse. Juice bars have opened up nationwide and the business of “juicing” is booming. Is the juice cleanse a healthy way for weight loss? READ MORE

How to Stay Healthy While Living in the Sorority House

By Morgan Siewart
April 9, 2014 - 10:46pm

Each sorority house on campus is different, but I assure you we all have one thing in common: a love of food. Living in the house comes with a meal plan, which for most sorority in-house women, means weekly menus that don’t exactly feature the healthiest choices. On top of that, a plethora of ever-present snacks exist at your fingertips, without you having to even make the trip to Kroger. So, you ask, how does a college girl stay healthy and fit in this situation? Follow these simple steps and your fitness goals will be within reach. 1.     Buy your own snacks to munch on. READ MORE

What Your Favorite Drink Says About You and Your Personality

By courtneyg
March 27, 2014 - 12:34pm

Upon approaching a bar, whether it be at Trophy Room or an off campus house, we all have our go-to-alcohol-drink-of-preference. Over the years, I’ve found that people with similar personalities tend to indulge in similar drinking habits: 1. The Wine Drinkers You people are either one of three things: A. You like to stay in, make home cooked meals, and catch up on your latest recorded TV episode while enjoying wine along the way B. You genuinely don’t mind the taste, but love how quickly you feel intoxicated C. You are in college and still play slap the bag with Franzia. READ MORE

Best Places to Explore and Exercise near SMU (Besides Katy Trail)

By courtneyg
March 24, 2014 - 1:17pm

Growing up in the Northeast, the opportunity to walk outside with anything less than a parka before the month of May rarely presented itself. When the occasional time came for a layer of clothing to be shed, it was a unique and cherished experience. Upon arriving to Texas, I soon realized that shorts and tank tops no longer solely applied to the summer season, but thankfully also to the fall, spring, and even winter. The Northeast’s frigid circumstances are nothing short of BS, so for all those who experienced childhoods filled with consistent warm weather, be grateful. But more importantly, take advantage! Although I do agree that Dedman’s kickboxing classes are bomb, please do all us Northeasterners a favor and get the hell outside....

Girls Guide to March Madness

By Brie Strickland
March 6, 2014 - 3:17pm

A Girl’s Guide to the ‘Madness’: “Beware the Ides of March” a soothsayer once warned Julius Ceasar. In the 21st century it’s more important to beware of “bracket-breakers” in the month of March. A what? The month of March is marked by St. Patrick’s Day and Spring Break but the true glory of March is all about basketball. Even if you’re not into sports, once you fill out a NCAA bracket, you’ll be hooked. I’ve been avidly and compulsively filling out my bracket since I was thirteen. When I was fifteen I skipped out on a week of school to go down to San Antonio for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 with my dad. For me, it has always been a father-daughter common ground and now that I’m away at college it’s a reminder of home....

Getting The Body You Want for Spring Break

By Gabbi Vrablik
February 28, 2014 - 1:13pm

As spring break quickly approaches, it is time to hit the beach with the bod you want this year! Girls nationwide dread bikini season, however, this year is your time to shine! Here are five helpful hints to get that bod you want in just a couple of weeks!    1. DO NOT EAT PAST 8PM Late night eating is often times when we consume the most calories and have no time to burn them off. Eating dinner early provides your body with time to burn it off while also reducing snacking. 2. CUT OUT ALL SUGAR I know it seems impossible, but it’s the quickest and healthiest way to get rid of belly fat and to show off your abs! 3. CARDIO READ MORE

There's No Place Like Home...Bar: The 10 People You Meet on Thursdays

By Brie Strickland
February 23, 2014 - 3:42pm

READ MORE

Why It's Great to Be Single on Valentine's Day

By Morgan Siewart
February 10, 2014 - 2:30pm

Attention all you single ladies out there: there's no reason to be upset when February 14th rolls around! 1.     You Don’t Have to Worry About Buying a Present Boys are impossible to shop for regardless…and Valentine’s Day is so soon after Christmas. If you had a boyfriend you probably would have just used up your perfect gift idea one short month ago and you would be back to the drawing board. Save your money and go Spring Break shopping! 2.     Valentine’s Day is on a Friday This Year READ MORE

Crafting for Big Little

By Ashley Almquist
February 4, 2014 - 6:27pm

It’s that time of year again! Big Little is just around the corner.  Along with all of that sorority gear you give your little, you need a few unique items made by you.  So, it’s time for everyone to get crafty. Many sorority members get started early by crafting for their future little months in advance, but for all of those procrastinators we’ve got some simple DIY ideas for perfect gifts.  The first step to finding designs for crafts would be to look on Pinterest.  This website has a ton of ideas for every sorority.  We’ve picked a few of our favorites to show you. Decorated Letters READ MORE