Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Archives

Dallas Weekend Activities

By Ashley Almquist
May 2, 2014 - 4:42pm

As the week comes to a close and Friday classes end, the weekend begins and SMU students are free to roam the city of Dallas.  But, with such a big city and so many activities, it can be tough figuring out what to do with your free time.  Here are a list of places to go in Dallas.  The Rustic READ MORE

Kings of Cole Trunk Show

By Sydney Paine
April 24, 2014 - 1:08pm

The Kings of Cole Trunk Show is happening today, Thursday April 24th, from 11 AM - 6 PM at the Kappa Alpha Theta house! READ MORE

Did you go to Coachella this year?

By Sydney Paine

Tony LaRose

By Brie Strickland
April 22, 2014 - 1:56am

Name: Tony LaRose Hometown: Houston, TX Year: Senior Major/Minor: Finance Zodiac Sign: Capricorn Greek Affiliation: SAE Relationship Status: Single Hobbies: Movies, eating, running, water sports Favorite SMU Memory: Thursday night boulevard, junior year Favorite Food: Tuna Tower READ MORE

The Truth Behind The Juice Cleanse

By Gabbi Vrablik
April 22, 2014 - 1:52am

Today’s newest diet trend is the infamous juice cleanse. Juice bars have opened up nationwide and the business of “juicing” is booming. Is the juice cleanse a healthy way for weight loss? READ MORE

New Fondren Library

By Alexa Horner
April 22, 2014 - 1:48am

For any SMU student, becoming a mustang means having an automatic understanding that boulevards are holidays, “pony up” is part of our everyday vocabulary, and Club Fondy is a student’s home away from home. READ MORE

How to Stay Healthy While Living in the Sorority House

By Morgan Siewart
April 9, 2014 - 10:46pm

Each sorority house on campus is different, but I assure you we all have one thing in common: a love of food. Living in the house comes with a meal plan, which for most sorority in-house women, means weekly menus that don’t exactly feature the healthiest choices. On top of that, a plethora of ever-present snacks exist at your fingertips, without you having to even make the trip to Kroger. So, you ask, how does a college girl stay healthy and fit in this situation? Follow these simple steps and your fitness goals will be within reach. 1.     Buy your own snacks to munch on. READ MORE

Upperclassmen Housing around SMU

By Ashley Almquist
April 9, 2014 - 10:42pm

When looking for off campus housing, there are a few things you should consider before signing a lease.  One of the most important factors is location.  Distance to campus determines whether you walk or drive to class, and whether or not you can go home between classes.  Here are a few options for apartments close to campus.  The BLVD Apartments READ MORE

Eff Y Bee & Selfless Style Jewelry Giveaway!

By Sydney Paine
April 8, 2014 - 2:37pm

Selfless Style and New York based jewelry company eff.Y.bee are giving us the chance to win the Theresa Bliss Bracelet Stack, this week only! All you have to do is follow Selfless Style and eff.Y.bee on Instagram. Then, share with them what makes you happy using hashtags #selflessstyle and #effybee. Winner will be annouced this Sunday April 13th !  READ MORE

Callum Morrison

By Gabbi Vrablik
April 8, 2014 - 2:28pm

Name: Callum Morrison Age: 19 Year in school: Freshman Major/minor : Pre-law Hometown : San Antonio Relationship Status: Single Hobbies: Daydreaming and occasional bandwagoning Favorite food : Cheerios Favorite sports team : San Antonio Spurs Favorite drink : Capri-sun Celebrity crush : Mila Kunis READ MORE