Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Archives

Time Management

By Michele Keyes
October 19, 2014 - 6:43pm

For most people college can be a huge adjustment and a difficult transition. For many college students, freshman year is really the first time any of us have really been away from home for an extended period of time. We must figure out how to manage our time and get everything done without having parents constantly on our backs reminding us of what needs to be done. There are many ways to manage one’s time.   1.     Planner READ MORE

How to Avoid the Freshman 15

By Michele Keyes
October 15, 2014 - 5:39pm

How to Avoid the “Freshman Fifteen”   “The Freshman 15”, every rising freshman’s biggest fear. We’ve all heard about it, we’ve all feared it, and unfortunately most of us have all even experienced it. From late night drunching to midday naps, the Freshman 15 is not hard to accomplish. Don’t worry though because there are so many different ways to avoid this “epidemic”.   1.     Healthy eating habits are crucial. The earlier one develops healthy eating habits the better. Make eating healthy a routine you can carry on throughout not just college but your entire life. Come up with a food plan you can follow in college. Stick to the good carbs and refrain from any processed food or refined sugars.   READ MORE...

SMU boohoo STYLE SQUAD- Natalie Evans

By Lauren Kelley
October 10, 2014 - 5:06pm

READ MORE

Campus Cutie- Sam Nelson

By Chloe Dinsdale
October 6, 2014 - 5:50pm

CAMPUS CUTIE PROFILE: ~20 Qs with Mr. Nelson ~ Name – Sam Nelson   Age – 21   Year in school – Senior   Major/minor – Finance and Economics   Greek Affiliation – Pike   Hometown – McLean, Virginia   Relationship Status- Single   Hobbies – Golf, Travelling, Listening, Ping-Pong,   Fav food – Tacos   Fav sports team – Washington Nationals   Fav drink – Coke   Celebrity crush – Reese Witherspoon, and Emma Watson   What you look for in a girl – Someone that will laugh at bad jokes and likes mint chip ice cream   Fav bar – 18 and over   Fav sorority – I don’t discriminate READ MORE

5 Tips For Staying Safe On Campus

By Brynne Kuntz
October 1, 2014 - 10:09am

With the recent disappearance of the University of Virginia student, Hannah Graham, as well as the closer-to-home instances of sexual assault that have recently been reported on campus, the issue of safety, especially for us girls, is becoming a hot topic. While SMU has campus police and security patrolling around the clock, along with a campus emergency blue light system, it is important for us to do our best to avoid dangerous situations and prevent assault. Here are a few easy tips to help do so:   1.     Get A Ride READ MORE

How to Handle Problems with your Roommate

By Michele Keyes
September 30, 2014 - 6:07pm

Choosing a freshman roommate has become much easier for this generation due to the increasing forms of technology and ways of communicating with strangers across the world. However, finding one’s “ideal match” is still tricky and rarely works out perfectly. Most people will likely still encounter problems with their freshman roommate at one point or another so below are some tips to help with some common situations many encounter.     1.     Stay calm and talk it out READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to SMU!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 6:30pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

How to Become SMU’s Best Trendsetter Ever

By Aja Frost
August 18, 2014 - 8:00am

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!...

Dallas Weekend Activities

By Ashley Almquist
May 2, 2014 - 4:42pm

As the week comes to a close and Friday classes end, the weekend begins and SMU students are free to roam the city of Dallas.  But, with such a big city and so many activities, it can be tough figuring out what to do with your free time.  Here are a list of places to go in Dallas.  The Rustic READ MORE

Kings of Cole Trunk Show

By Sydney Paine
April 24, 2014 - 1:08pm

The Kings of Cole Trunk Show is happening today, Thursday April 24th, from 11 AM - 6 PM at the Kappa Alpha Theta house! READ MORE