Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SMU Archives

How to Stay Healthy While Living in the Sorority House

By Morgan Siewart
April 9, 2014 - 10:46pm

Each sorority house on campus is different, but I assure you we all have one thing in common: a love of food. Living in the house comes with a meal plan, which for most sorority in-house women, means weekly menus that don’t exactly feature the healthiest choices. On top of that, a plethora of ever-present snacks exist at your fingertips, without you having to even make the trip to Kroger. So, you ask, how does a college girl stay healthy and fit in this situation? Follow these simple steps and your fitness goals will be within reach. 1.     Buy your own snacks to munch on. READ MORE

Upperclassmen Housing around SMU

By Ashley Almquist
April 9, 2014 - 10:42pm

When looking for off campus housing, there are a few things you should consider before signing a lease.  One of the most important factors is location.  Distance to campus determines whether you walk or drive to class, and whether or not you can go home between classes.  Here are a few options for apartments close to campus.  The BLVD Apartments READ MORE

Eff Y Bee & Selfless Style Jewelry Giveaway!

By Sydney Paine
April 8, 2014 - 2:37pm

Selfless Style and New York based jewelry company eff.Y.bee are giving us the chance to win the Theresa Bliss Bracelet Stack, this week only! All you have to do is follow Selfless Style and eff.Y.bee on Instagram. Then, share with them what makes you happy using hashtags #selflessstyle and #effybee. Winner will be annouced this Sunday April 13th !  READ MORE

Callum Morrison

By Gabbi Vrablik
April 8, 2014 - 2:28pm

Name: Callum Morrison Age: 19 Year in school: Freshman Major/minor : Pre-law Hometown : San Antonio Relationship Status: Single Hobbies: Daydreaming and occasional bandwagoning Favorite food : Cheerios Favorite sports team : San Antonio Spurs Favorite drink : Capri-sun Celebrity crush : Mila Kunis READ MORE

Morgan O'Hare

By Alexa Horner
April 7, 2014 - 2:52pm

Morgan O’Hare Makes Her Mark on the Dallas Fashion Scene Dressed effortlessly chic in boho pants, rocking a slicked back bun, and accessorized to a tee, Morgan O’Hare graces the Southern Methodist University campus with style. Not only does O’Hare look like a fashion guru, but her career in the industry has already tailored her for success (no pun intended). At only 22 years old, O’Hare has already been a buying intern for the elite Dallas based company, Forty Five Ten and interned with Dior. To her, fashion is more than just a look. O’Hare lives her passion for style by the phrase, “luxury captures every whim and fantasy of the imagination.” READ MORE

SMU vs Minnesota NIT Championship Game

By Sydney Paine
April 3, 2014 - 11:06am

Watch the NIT Championship on ESPN TONIGHT at 6 or join the SMU watch party at Dave & Busters! #finishtherightway READ MORE

Relay for Life

By Chloe Dinsdale
April 3, 2014 - 10:58am

Relay for Life is a walk for family, friends and people of the community that fundraises money for loved ones who have interacted with cancer. The event is held overnight and members of teams take turns walking shifts. The track for the walk is normally lit with hundreds of luminaria to represent those who are suffering from cancer, have beat cancer, or in remembrance of those who have died from cancer. READ MORE

Max Mitchell

By Alexa Horner
March 27, 2014 - 10:42pm

Name: Max Mitchell   Year: Junior   Hometown: Pasadena CA Major: Sport Management Greek Affiliation: SAE Describe your ideal date: Get authentic cuisine neither of us have tried at hole-in-the-wall place, build bonfire on beach, roast marshmallows til the sun goes down. Dream job: Ski Instructor Favorite physical female feature: Eyes Drink of choice: Gatorade fierce melon READ MORE

What Your Favorite Drink Says About You and Your Personality

By courtneyg
March 27, 2014 - 12:34pm

Upon approaching a bar, whether it be at Trophy Room or an off campus house, we all have our go-to-alcohol-drink-of-preference. Over the years, I’ve found that people with similar personalities tend to indulge in similar drinking habits: 1. The Wine Drinkers You people are either one of three things: A. You like to stay in, make home cooked meals, and catch up on your latest recorded TV episode while enjoying wine along the way B. You genuinely don’t mind the taste, but love how quickly you feel intoxicated C. You are in college and still play slap the bag with Franzia. READ MORE

Do you think Kimye should have been allowed to be on the Vogue cover?

By Sydney Paine