8 Feels You Have When You Realize Fall is Here as Told by “Gilmore Girls”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The first couple weeks of October marked the beginning of a new month, and brought Dallas the coolest weather we have experienced so far. There are so many feelings that come with the start of fall which make me, and hopefully you, tingle with excitement. The amount of love and appreciation held for this one season deserves to be described by arguably the most cozy and Autumn crazy TV show ever made: Gilmore Girls. Here are eight moments everyone experiences when they realize fall is finally here, as told by our favorite Stars Hollow residents: 

1. When you walk outside to start your day and you’re greeted by the first chilly morning of the season.

2. When you get to reopen your sweater drawer after its seven-month hibernation.

3. When you drink your first mug of warm apple cider.

4. When you begin to stress about fitting in all of your favorite fall activities and outings within the limited amount of time you have during the weekends.

5. The moment when you (or your blunt, but genuinely concerned friend) realize just how many pumpkin spiced cookies, muffins, or lattes you’ve consumed in a week.

6. When that one friend starts to complain about the cool weather.

7. When you use the cold weather as an excuse to treat yourself to a warm speciality coffee drink almost every afternoon.

8. When at the end of your day, you fall asleep wishing that fall could last forever.

SaveSave

We are the SMU Team.